Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6 california charging issue - how to trickle charge

Tigger

Tigger

Vehicle
Just browsing
So my lovely t6 california ocean went into a vw garage with a couple of warranty issues including not charging whilst driving.... After a mishap that involved the back door being resprayed at the cost of the garage it came back to me having had the fuse changed...

Now it won't charge from the mains. I'm going away tomorrow in it. Can I trickle charge the leisure battery somehow? How do you access the leisure battery?

Obviously, I shall be having words. Again.

Having read through all your old posts you do not seem to be having a lot of luck with your Cali, I may have give up by now with the problems you have had.
I would go back to the van centre and stamp my feet.

T6_Ocean_Fuses.png There is a separate fuse for the charger under the passenger seat.
Swivel the seat round slide it back against the sink and you can see the row of fuses.
Also check that the charger itself is plugged in, by opening the hatch in the back under the wardrobe and check the kettle lead it pushed firmly into the charger.

Thanks Liz for the detailed picture, I've saved it for future reference.

In fact we solved this in the end thanks to a tip from another thread, which recommended wiggling the connection from the charger to the battery under the wardrobe. This is accessed through a panel in the boot area, under the wardrobe. It is basically a kettle lead but doesn't seem to go all the way in so I can understand it being temperamental...

The other issues on the cali are resolved, but we have now moved to dealer 3, who although damaged it, they sorted it after only a medium amount of faffage and foot stomping about using an unapproved body shop - it got properly resolved and came back better than it went in.

Glad you are sorted.
Finding a dealer who you trust is 1/2 the battle

Back