Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6 Beach replacement Leisure battery help

B

Brother

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Hi all, I am still confused about which replacement leisure battery is the correct one for my T6 Beach.
I recently had to change the main battery and installed Varta Silver Dynamic AGM 580 901 080 and did the reprogramming which is all good but now need to change the leisure battery as mine is failing.
Looking at all that has been written so far the Varta Professional Dual Purpose AGM 840 080 080 is suggested in most threads but then I read one which speaks of
using the same Varta Silver Dynamic because of the start stop on the vehicle.

My current leisure battery is a Varta 7P0 915 105 A and my old starter battery was a Varta 7P0 915 105, are they the same battery or does the A stand for something?

Really dont want to put the wrong one in and cause issues

Current Leisure battery.jpg

Old Starter battery.jpg

start battery and leisure batteries are different. start batteries designed for high amps at short bursts to turn the engine. leisure batts are designed to provide steady amps over long periods (deep discharge). the start stop blue motion engine system shouldn't really affect the leisure battery.

so thats my understanding so was going to go for the Varta Professional Dual Purpose AGM 840 080 080 but then I read on one of the posts that they should be the same due to the start stop.

so thats my understanding so was going to go for the Varta Professional Dual Purpose AGM 840 080 080 but then I read on one of the posts that they should be the same due to the start stop.
Completely different systems. Absolutely no requirement for the 2 batteries to be the same.

ok cool, so will order the arta Professional Dual Purpose AGM 840 080 080 then
I will be doing same soon - appreciate all the clarification posts above, difficult to see the wood for the trees sometimes!

Back