Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6 California

R

Robovw

Just enquiring if anyone has an update on the T6 california? Google has a few articles from last year but not much recent news.

We are being told the new Transporter is 2016, Ive heard nothing on the camper van version though :thumb

Not entirely convinced there will be a T6 Cali, I don't think VW will abandon camping vehicles but there is more options now.

Not least the US market - the ongoing and much rumoured 'retro microbus' keeps doing the rounds but something like this, based on a car floor plan like the Bettle would give VW access to the huge US Market.

You also have to look at the Beach and its popularity and the ability to offer pods and modules.

I don't know for sure but the market is a different place compared to when the T5 Cali was launched, we shall see.

James

I don't expect any real body style innovation...all the moves at VW r&d seem to be about hybrids, electrics, and blu motion type efficiency....all their concept Transporters recently point this way....

T6 Cali may be of interest if it ever arrives, but I think that a LWB version of the T5 California would really attract some interest in the UK and Europe, seems strange to me VW do not offer this.

Back