Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

World premier of Transporter T6 today, 15 April 2015

treecity

treecity

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Excited to hear any news if anyone sees or hears any, especially with links online to articles etc. relating to California

Please post them here!

:)

I am heading off to airport in a bit...am lucky to be invited Press guest at this launch party tonight! Friday I should be able to post some pics and info
Yes it can be seen as facelift Mk 2....but lets face it...there is no mass sales market in a retro bulli. And there are limits to what can be done with a box on wheels!

Maybe the mods can create a sticky thread that is for facts only?

Looks we don't find out anything until tomorrow, unless David is going to give us a sneak preview :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't suppose the two tone makes a vee shape on the front like the original splitties?

OK, it looks like a T5 which we all expected, what did they say about California version? Petrol engines?

First impressions are Its ok.. I suppose.. a bit lack lustre, nothing ground breaking or exciting part from maybe the two tone option which you can do to any vehicle. Headlights and front grill look huge.. maybe it will grow on me.. maybe not.. Dash is a definite improvement.. although I didn't hate the old one

I spy a manual cable handbrake. Can you duck down low to take a pic to see if they did anything to improve the space wheel carrier thefts?

The pics and updates are much appreciated but, all in all it's a bit of an anti-climax.
More of a facelift than a new model. the larger rear window looks a bit better but the dash !!! Personally I prefer the current T5 dash ... the new one looks a bit too "busy" and cluttered.
I suppose I was hoping for something a bit more new and radical ...... like the new Ford Transit. (sorry folks)

Nice info but as espected nothing totaly new ....
Looks like a T5 afther finetuning...
The two tone color may look good but not on every combination , think they where inspired by the German Politzei .... green van , white roof :D

Been looking at some of the German websites (Google neue VW transporter)
Came across this
http://www.focus.de/auto/neuheiten/vw-bus-t6-premiere-das-ist-der-neue-vw-bulli-t6_id_4610406.html
A nice video montage once you watch the Nivea ad
Will use google translate tomorrow to read the text but from what little German I know, cannot see any reference to petrol engines, only diesel where the top range unit is up to 204PS.
I correct myself - there are 2 x petrol engines, 150 and 204 PS

Sugar...I was going to add a "wrap" to the bottom and now everyone will say I'm copying the T6.

Back