Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

World premier of Transporter T6 today, 15 April 2015

Just had a closer look at the new dash and sadly all the speedo dials, display, vents etc... are all the same as the T5.

dash.jpg

The pics and updates are much appreciated but, all in all it's a bit of an anti-climax.
More of a facelift than a new model. the larger rear window looks a bit better but the dash !!! Personally I prefer the current T5 dash ... the new one looks a bit too "busy" and cluttered.
I suppose I was hoping for something a bit more new and radical ...... like the new Ford Transit. (sorry folks)
Completely agree, massive anticlimax. Although well designed, there are plenty of areas on my 2007 model I think could be significantly improved, it seems the LED running lights are what are supposed to convince me to 'trade up'. Come on VW, have you sacked the design team for the California? The only changes seem to be the dash - less european and a pseudo 'split screen' colour split. Ho hum, perhaps if the new ones don't rot like mine then at least that will be a step on..

What could be improved...well, how about...
some compartments in the fridge
a three burner hob,
a small grill or an oven
some drawers under the sink
improve the delicate tambour doors
make the shelves so they don't ping out when you touch them
better lighting upstairs and over the table
position the handbrake so you don't have to release it to turn the driver's seat
make the passenger seat shift sideways slightly on turning so your legs don't end up trying to fit under the sink.
etc, etc, etc.

What I would definitely not do, try to pretend it is a 1950's split screen. I had one of those and loved it dearly, now I have a pretty charmless if well designed 2007 Cali, and painting it two colours won't change that I'm afraid. They used better steel in 1956 too - about the same amount of rust on the roof of my 23 window aged 50 years as my 2007 Cali aged a bit over 5. Out of warranty of course.

Last edited:
Back