Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
No gas coming out of burners
All valves open
Bottle 50 percent full
Van 3 years old at end of may
Could it be the regulator?
Does warranty cover it?

Could be the ‘jets’. If you unscrew the little torx screws on the burners you get access to the little brass nozzles which the gas comes out of. I’ve read on here that unscrewing them and boiling them is the best way to clear them out.

Could be the ‘jets’. If you unscrew the little torx screws on the burners you get access to the little brass nozzles which the gas comes out of. I’ve read on here that unscrewing them and boiling them is the best way to clear them out.
I think it unlikely that every jet is blocked.

How do you know that the bottle is 50% full?

I'd look at the regulator on the gas tank.

what happens when you disconnect the regulator from the van, and take the bottle out. Open the valve and listen. If nothing comes out of the gas tank, then either the tank or regulator is faulty.

I think it unlikely that every jet is blocked.

How do you know that the bottle is 50% full?

I'd look at the regulator on the gas tank.
Lifted out the bottle and felt the weight and you can hear gas sloshing around in the bottle

what happens when you disconnect the regulator from the van, and take the bottle out. Open the valve and listen. If nothing comes out of the gas tank, then either the tank or regulator is faulty.
If I disconnect the regulator and then open the gas valve you can hear and smell gas coming out of the bottle

Leave everything disconnected.
Open the valve under the sink.
Take a bike pump, or something else to blow.
Blow the other way round and have someone listening/feeling at the disconnected end in the gas bottle storage compartiment.
Maybe something blocks the nozzles as their opening is very tiny.

Regulators are known to stick, put it all together and give the regulator a sharp tap. If that clears your problem remember it's most likely only temporary so get a new one soon.

was going to disconnect the regulator but all the connections are marked with red paint and i suspect that if i disconnect anything VW will not honor the warranty
apparently all warranties have been extended by 3 months
but will it cover the regulator ?

was going to disconnect the regulator but all the connections are marked with red paint and i suspect that if i disconnect anything VW will not honor the warranty
What would happen if you run out of gas and need to change the botlle?
End of warrenty ?

Yes, VW warranty covers. I had mine exchanged last year but VW Llandudno insisted I took camper there for exchange regulator. Get them to order a regulator in beforehand as unlikely they have stock leading to two trips required.

Yes, VW warranty covers. I had mine exchanged last year but VW Llandudno insisted I took camper there for exchange regulator. Get them to order a regulator in beforehand as unlikely they have stock leading to two trips required.
well it has to go back as the last visit for MOT and service they did not have all the parts to do the warranty work so it still has to go back for a new wardrobe door and a respray of the rear offside wheel arch as the sliding door started bashing it.

Update
as i am going away in the van (tewkesbury abbey, trevone, then padstow) i got a new regulator but before i changed it is popped into JCT at Sheffield just to show them the old regulator was dead and hope they can still get me another (to keep as a spare) on the warranty.
interesting the guy said that during lockdown they had sold as many California's as they sold in the whole of last year, been going all over the country to them he said.
would love to know where all these people are staying !

update 2
VW are changing the regulator under warranty, however the garage has told me that VW have instructed them to also change another valve at the same time so is there another valve that fails ?
i would have thought it was just the one under sink or the tap on the bottle

update 2
VW are changing the regulator under warranty, however the garage has told me that VW have instructed them to also change another valve at the same time so is there another valve that fails ?
Hi Paul interested to hear how you got on with regulator swap as our gas worked fine yesterday but today we only have a tiny flame. Gas bottle has loads in...

update 2
More likely they are changing the Tap and Regulator as they are made/supplied by one company to VW. Probably change the gas hose as well.

Hi Paul interested to hear how you got on with regulator swap as our gas worked fine yesterday but today we only have a tiny flame. Gas bottle has loads in...
@Madhutter , your profile says, T6 Cali on Order. Which vehicle have you got now? IF you are able to update your profile please?

@Madhutter , your profile says, T6 Cali on Order. Which vehicle have you got now? IF you are able to update your profile please?
Gas experts? My Cali is five weeks old. Had gas trouble at the beginning, but worked ok as weather warmed up. Monday this week, out at lunchtime, made tea on stove, gas all fine. Today, Tuesday, lit gas, full flame for a few seconds, then died back to very low. Both valves fully open. New cylinder. I've discounted pipework as it worked perfectly Monday. Can this really be a faulty regulator on a brand new vehicle? Assume VW will replace under warranty. Any advice welcome.

Could be a dodgy cylinder? Ive had one refill that never worked properly, the regulator didn't seat down far enough to push the ball bearing out of the way properly.
Can you test it on a bbq or the like?

Have you tried both rings? or both rings at the same time? if its a restriction in the pipework or regulator it will look worse with both rings lit.

I would suggest remove regulator & gas bottle from the van into to a big open space & try opening the valve, to see if you get a good strong blast of gas come out. Would recommend you don't smoke whilst doing this.

I

Could be a dodgy cylinder? Ive had one refill that never worked properly, the regulator didn't seat down far enough to push the ball bearing out of the way properly.
Can you test it on a bbq or the like?

Have you tried both rings? or both rings at the same time? if its a restriction in the pipework or regulator it will look worse with both rings lit.

I would suggest remove regulator & gas bottle from the van into to a big open space & try opening the valve, to see if you get a good strong blast of gas come out. Would recommend you don't smoke whilst doing this.

I
Bingo! Switched cylinders to the one from camping stove, all working fine now. It didn't occur to me that the cylinder valve could be faulty. Thank you so much for saving me time, worry and effort. Now to return the faulty cylinder.

Gas experts? My Cali is five weeks old. Had gas trouble at the beginning, but worked ok as weather warmed up. Monday this week, out at lunchtime, made tea on stove, gas all fine. Today, Tuesday, lit gas, full flame for a few seconds, then died back to very low. Both valves fully open. New cylinder. I've discounted pipework as it worked perfectly Monday. Can this really be a faulty regulator on a brand new vehicle? Assume VW will replace under warranty. Any advice welcome.
I got myself a new regulator when mine started doing odd things like this

Back