Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6 Ocean front seat problem

dynamicstall

dynamicstall

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204
The T6 (cloth & heated) front seat becomes painful to sit on after a hour due to 2 reasons. Firstly it has a transverse raised ridge at the back of the squab which puts pressure in the region of the coccyx & secondly an electrical lead or connector laid over the centre of the transverse raised section presses into the same region of your body, sufficiently to be a real comfort problem. My T5 Cali had great seats which were Alcantara & heated, with no silly raised cushioning across the rearmost part of the seat & no hard connectors detectable. I regard this as a design & construction defect & would be interested to know if anyone else is finding it a problem. (I weigh 100kg, but the electrical connector can be felt with light finger pressure so a person of more modest size would still feel it.)

Is it the same on both front seats?
Not unknown for a seat to be in-correctly put together.

Is it the same on both front seats?
Not unknown for a seat to be in-correctly put together.
The raised cushion strip across the rear 2 inches of the seat is a design feature so yes, the same on both. Must have been designed by an aesthetics person not an anatomist! Crazy. The connector however is worse on the drivers side. I'll take it to the dealer next week and ask them to strip the seat and bury the connector deeper in the foam or replace the seat with one that doesn't hurt!

Have you checked the Lumbar support? Is it eventually on the highest level?

I've had my T6 for almost 3 months and over 3000 miles. I feel like I'm sitting in an armchair tootling along. Ever so comfy. I have the waterproof covers over the standard seats - but can't imagine that would be the difference.

I've done just 1000 miles so far and my seats are very comfortable, and they are heated. Not noticed anything odd about the seats at all.

Have to say that the seats on my T6 are very comfortable. They are heated as standard.

We now have had out T6 under a month not noticed anything untoward with the seats, in fact my wife can't stop saying the same thing evertime we go out in it how wonderful her seat is.

Back