Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6 Ocean Pop Top LED failure

Doorbundle

Doorbundle

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
I have just found that 3 LEDs in one of the 2 Dimmable LED Strips in the Pop Top of our 2018 Cali Ocean have failed to illuminate.
Is there a fix?
If no fix are these dimmable LED strips available as a spare part?
If so are they 'plug & play' / easy to replace?
TIA
Doorbundle.

Are you sure you just haven’t pushed the button to turn on that side. There’s a button on each side and I once thought one of mine had failed but I just hadn’t turned that side on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Are you sure you just haven’t pushed the button to turn on that side. There’s a button on each side and I once thought one of mine had failed but I just hadn’t turned that side on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thanks s2Bear, both sides work properly, switch on/off & dim / brighten but 3 of the 10 or 12 light segments fail to illuminate, the remainder operate normally.

I have found the Part No 7E7947111 on ETKA
This is a simple push fit.
I can now see how to uncouple the small black 2 pin connector.
There is a small white metal 'pip' visible in the female part of the connector, depress the pip and the male connector slips apart. To replace, just push back together ensuring the white metal pip is visible. Job done!
Now to source a new LED Interior Light at the 'right' price.

Last edited:
£52 +Vat from VW. Ouch!
By the sounds of your description, some LEDs have failed and could possibly be individually replaced. I don't know whether it's cost effective because I've never looked at disassembling one of these units, but we're able to replace LEDs in many things. :)

By the sounds of your description, some LEDs have failed and could possibly be individually replaced. I don't know whether it's cost effective because I've never looked at disassembling one of these units, but we're able to replace LEDs in many things. :)
Thank you for your response, but, regrettably, having looked at the rear of the unit it appears to be sealed / bonded with yellow plastic. Thanks once more! Db.

All fixed now!
New Part No 7E7947111 fitted £19 from (The Seaside) Auction site.
Fiddly connector but fitted & working.
VW Wanted £52+ Vat. WTAF?

Back