Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6 Ocean Seat Back Panel Broken

Ting Tong

Ting Tong

Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Oh no, the large (expensive looking) bench seat back panel plastic moulding on our Ocean has cracked around the area where the right side seat belt comes out. I think the seat went back a notch on the rail when it was laid flat last night so the moulding caught under the metal frame as I pulled it up.

Has anyone replaced this and if so at what cost? Also if you did it yourself, how easy is the panel to remove?

Last edited:
Oh no, the large (expensive looking) bench seat back panel plastic moulding on our Ocean has cracked around the area where the right side seat belt comes out. I think the seat went back a notch on the rail when it was laid flat last night so the moulding caught under the metal frame as I pulled it up.

Has anyone replaced this and if so at what cost? Also if you did it yourself, how easy is the panel to remove?
Not difficult, but you will need the Panel and some replacement plastic clips as you will break some when removing.
I think there are a couple of bolts at the bottom then brute force to pull it off. Easier as you are just removing an already broken panel.
I think it was about £100 or so, 3 yrs ago.
The Club Shop might be a good place to enquire.

Part 19 and clips 20 & 21

http://www.oemepc.com/vw/part_singl.../067/subcategory/67036/part_id/3691965/lang/e

Thanks @WelshGas that’s exactly the info I needed. I think part 21 is a nylon seat for self tapper 22. Maybe I just need 2 x part 20.

I’ll also consider the plastic fix thanks @audio2.

I’ll report back.

Back