Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Seat back

D

danny13

VIP Member
I have always assumed the rear bench could be pushed right back, however having just tried to push it back it seems the parcel-shelf mounts stop the seat sliding right back. Does this seem correct or is it like the drivers seat, a mm perfect fit!
Also is it possible to fold the rear bench forwards rather than backwards?
20140503_173022.jpg

Well I found why it was jamming, a secret stopper in the rail.
20140503_175017.jpg

There is one in the front as well to stop you sliding it too far forward as well.

I have removed both the front and back ones, and have not noticed any problems.

If you have the fifth seat it makes it way more spacious if you remove the rear stopper, remove the parcel shelf and slide the back seat right back.

Also with the back seat right back you can actually use the cup holder near the sliding door :D

T

Im sorry to thread jump but I notice in the picture above that you have VW waterproof covers on the seat. Ive never been able to have the seat back cover zipped up as if I do then it looks like I can't put the head rests down in order to make the bed as it looks like the hinge bracket will cause the cover to rip.

What am I doing wrong? Is there a technic that I'm not aware of?

Rubbadub, I have Inka cover and they are very tight - I just closed my eyes pushed hard and all was well!

I think they are all tight but the material appears very tough. had them on my old van for 3+ years and no problems

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mine are on a 58 plate van and the stitching already looks taught. I may try being slightly more assertive with the head rests but failing that I might have them adjusted.
Thanks for the input

I've moved the rear stoppers also. You can squeeze the bench seat backwards past the parcel shelf mounts, but it does rub. I'm not too concerned about this as I only move the seats that far back very occasionally for load shifting.

The other thing to watch for is that you need to fold down the rear headrests so that they clear the "aircraft locker". It always catches me out.

I moved the stoppers right to the back of the rail rather than removing them. One fell over whilst moving them and it was a real nightmare to get back upright. I'd advise loosening just enough to slide them, not so far that they can fall over.

Mark