Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6 Rear Spoiler

DM

DM

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Has anyone ordered or taken delivery of a rear spoiler for the T6? I have been offered one as compensation for the parking sensors fiasco. They do exist because the dealer had one on their demonstrator but I'm now told it is on backorder and no one can tell me whether that means days, weeks or months.

Has anyone ordered or taken delivery of a rear spoiler for the T6? I have been offered one as compensation for the parking sensors fiasco. They do exist because the dealer had one on their demonstrator but I'm now told it is on backorder and no one can tell me whether that means days, weeks or months.
Just in case - Do you use a tailgate bike rack, if so this is not compatible with the rear spoiler

Thanks for the warning @JohnnyP . But no - I'll be using a towbar mounted rack. An ld Thule one which I already have initially and then hopefully the nice Altera rack which slides to allow the tailgate to open when I can justify the cost.

Someone on the forum was going to have a go at 'modifying' the spolier to allow a bike rack to be fitted. However I think that may have been on a T5. I do know that the T6 spoiler will be bonded to the tailgate so I presume modification would then be unrealistic even if was prepared to take a hacksaw to it !!

SMG Cowfold have some pictures of a T6 fitted spoiler on their Facebook page. Not a California mind you. I will be getting one fitted soon. I'm also using a towbar bike rack

Have
SMG Cowfold have some pictures of a T6 fitted spoiler on their Facebook page. Not a California mind you. I will be getting one fitted soon. I'm also using a towbar bike rack
Have they got your spoiler in stock or given you a delivery date?

Does anyone know if this spoiler will help keep the rain off the back screen or is it just decorative?

Does anyone know if this spoiler will help keep the rain off the back screen or is it just decorative?
I've not heard anyone claiming that it keeps the rain off. I'll let you know when (if) I ever get it. Don't you have a rear wiper?

I've not heard anyone claiming that it keeps the rain off. I'll let you know when (if) I ever get it. Don't you have a rear wiper?
Yes but it would be better if I didn't have to use it!

I've got used to ( been spoiled by) the auto wipers for the front screen and now it's so tedious having thebother of wiping the back:)

Reactions: DM
Yes but it would be better if I didn't have to use it!

I've got used to ( been spoiled by) the auto wipers for the front screen and now it's so tedious having thebother of wiping the back:)
Exercise is good for you!:thumb

I've seen a few about on panel vans with tailgate and a shuttle or two.

In regard to keeping rain off it would depend on rain direction. I would liken I to the question, does my gutters and facia boards keep my house windows dry? No.

In regard to keeping rain off it would depend on rain direction. I would liken I to the question, does my gutters and facia boards keep my house windows dry? No.
I don't think it's quite the same - my house doesn't travel at 70mph with vortexes forming behind the gutters :D

I don't think it's quite the same - my house doesn't travel at 70mph with vortexes forming behind the gutters :D
I assumed it was a parked up question. As clearly a spoiler isn't required to keep anything off the window at speed. Due to afore mentioned vortexes :)

Have a rear spoiler on order , dealer told me it will be arriving primed and painted by the coach works . It is bonded to the rear door. Not interested about any rain on the window as rear wiper takes care of that ! Had one on my last van , think it makes for a more personal look lol

Looks fabulous, any idea how much it was?
Now your asking - it was 4 years ago and I didn't actually pay for it - it was part of a compensation package for a screw-up over delivery options. My recollection is about £300 but I can't remember if that was supply or fitted.

Now your asking - it was 4 years ago and I didn't actually pay for it - it was part of a compensation package for a screw-up over delivery options. My recollection is about £300 but I can't remember if that was supply or fitted.
Cheers mate, I've just asked my local dealer for a quote

mine was £496 fitted etc pre delivery.
With hindsight would probably have an ABT one although with paint etc probably more expensive, but does permit bike rack fitting if required.

I bought mine direct frm local company .. it’s a proper VW spoiler came Primed / sprayed Candy white and they fitted it too
looks so much nicer and finishes off the tailgate