Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

California Beach Issues (can anyone help)

P

PS Showfield84

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Good Evening all

Not sure if this is the correct place to post (admin remove if not allowed).

So I brought this fantastic 2019 California Beach last week from a main VW dealer in the midlands (12k on the clock) but there seems to be a few problems with it and was wondering if anyone has ever had anything similar or know how to resolve.

1) rear wiper jet (when activated) is leaking into the boot space, I traveled home from to find a pool of screen fluid in the boot, possibly a problem with the pipe work etc and is going in to get sorted.

2) parking sensors don’t activate when putting the vehicle into reverse or when moving slowly forward. There is a button with a P(and a little symbol to the right) which just flashes intermittently (like it’s on then off). I’ve tried pressing the button but it doesn’t do anything. I think the button is for parking assist (something which the van doesn’t have).

3) rear spoiler. I was wondering if this can be removed, if so how. I have got a bike rack which I fitted to my old transporter but now because of the spoiler can’t be fitted :( .

Sorry for the messes of questions I would be keen to here from anyone with a beach with similar issues or even possibly the old owner (if there on this forum).

Cheers in advance Paul

821ED827-CB1B-4DAA-B414-56E301A931B2.jpeg

The leaking washer and dodgy sensors are a trip back to the dealer - should be warranty and/or after sales repairs.
The P button activates/deactivates the parking sensors, but they should engage with reverse, as you would expect. It's a steady light when engaged. Media display will also give visual on distances to each sensor (overlays on my rear view camera.)
Sorry, I can't help on the spoiler.
Welcome to the Beach Club!

For the spoiler removal you could try dental floss. As a sort of wire saw to cut through the bond. I’ve done that to remove things stuck on with tape in the past. (Large mirror on wardrobe door)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If its a genuine spoiler it should be bolted and bonded on, so removal me leave you with 2 bolt holes to deal with

Back