Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Table legs have threaded adjusters ... one missing maybe

ti-fat-man

ti-fat-man

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Really picking my new van apart and I have discovered that on the end of the table legs, I have one threaded adjuster. What ace attention to detail I say to myself, however another leg has the cut-away for the height adjuster but hasn't got the rivnut fitted or the threaded foot. Question is my life incomplete or can I buy these parts ;-)

You should make a profit if your quick lol

Not cheapskate - practical mechanics.

The legs are made in pairs, one with and one without the moulding for the adjuster.

why?
seems real cheapskate :-(
To ensure the table does not rock it is only necessary for one leg to be fitted with an adjuster, if it had three legs it could not rock as each leg would be resting on the ground.

Think of it this way.
A three legged table will always stand on its three legs without any rocking. So if you introduce a fourth leg only that leg needs to have adjustment to keep the table from rocking, hence only one adjuster. Why have two cut away points? Economics. The table manufacturer only needs to produce two differing types of legs. One with cutaway and one without. They then assemble the table with four legs - two of each type. Hence the two legs with cutaways.

If they did it any other way it would cost an arm and a ..... leg :happy

Sorry :sad

I'll get my coat .....

Not cheapskate - practical mechanics.

The legs are made in pairs, one with and one without the moulding for the adjuster.
Both sides on my T6 have mouldings for adjusters but only one side has an adjuster screwed in.

An adjuster could be made up but as there isn't any need why bother.

It does look like you've lost or got one missing when first opened up.

I doubt it, you do only need 1 adjuster and it has been so since the first T5 California.
Indeed only one adjuster is required - I have never doubted this. But the provision of two legs with cut aways for the adjuster means only one moulding tool is required for the foot as opposed to two if a non cutaway version was required hence my economics driver theory.

Back