Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Tailgate Glass

John

John

VIP Member
Original post timbatten

As our Cali is just exiting from it's 3 year warranty, I wanted to make sure that all problems were sorted out before the dreaded date. One of these was the tailgate glass. The double glazed unit has become slightly leaky, with condensation visible, especially in hot weather. My local dealer - VW Van Centre, West Yorkshire (Cleckheaton, just off the M62) - who incidentally is exceptionally good, arranged for the window to be replaced today.
I would recommend anyone with a Cali which is between 2 and 3 years old, to look very carefully at the tailgate glass, as this is a VW recognised problem which if left till after warranty expiry, would be a very expensive job. I will not be extending my warranty, as I consider £1564 for 1 year to be excessive, and apparently does not cover all internal fitments.

Original post jules

I agree Tim. We've not had a problem with the tailgate glass but we have had the double glazed widow which adjoins the sliding door replaced as the seal had failed. So I would check that window also.

Back