Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Any UK Surfers out there?

stringers

stringers

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Hi! Thanks to all the generous contributors to this forum. I was a member a few years back when I had a used Cali SE. I’ve been reading up for a while and lots of info here has helped me heaps with this decision. I finally ordered a Cali Beach week before last from Matt at SMG tonbridge & just got a build week 36 (Sept 16th - so it looks like they’re still coming through relatively quickly). I listed the spec below FYI. I’m a dedicated year round UK surfer & I reckon a Cali Beach is the dream vehicle for this pursuit - I’ve seen a few calis at surf breaks so I reckon it’s time to start a UK surfer thread - anyone else out there??

Cali Beach
Acapulco Blue
Exterior Pack
Light comfort pack
Visibility pack
Comfort Dash
Comfort Matress
Extended warranty
Remote control parking heater - for winter surfs!
Privacy glass (for getting changed)
Dash sprayed blue (looks stylish to me)
ACC
Front & rear parking sensors
Folding mirrors
Electric latch on slide door & tailgate
Composition media
Black interior, 3 seat bench.
Black awning

Will be adding 17” black cascavels & BLAM speaker upgrade

Fully stoked & cant wait!

Great spec and welcome back to the forum. Not a surfer myself but have recently wanted to try paddle boarding. might be my mid life crisis kicking in

Sounds like a great van.

Live in Croyde now so don't need the Cali for surf trips as much anymore, recommend West coast of France, plenty of places to park for free, short walk over the dunes into the surf

Hardly ever surf these days but did manage some at La Torche this year. We have a 2-seat bench Beach and find it so versatile for carrying stuff. I assume you need those 3 seats at the back?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Hardly ever surf these days but did manage some at La Torche this year. We have a 2-seat bench Beach and find it so versatile for carrying stuff. I assume you need those 3 seats at the back?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
I used to be up for the odd hang ten and roundhouse cutback. Welcome

Welcome. The Beach is a great surfers van. Had one for nearly 6 years. Just changed into an Ocean recently.

Been surfing for 20 years, nothing special. But when it comes together, can get some decent waves.

Old one, but a great shot :D

2A8A8FD3-326D-4EE2-9A51-1DDBFE6E8564.jpeg

Been surfing for...er....45 years (that's scary). On the Gower these days mostly. Did 2 great spring trips in the Cali last year...stayed at Le Porge plage just south of Lacanau...nice and quiet, nice manageable waves

Been surfing for...er....45 years (that's scary). On the Gower these days mostly. Did 2 great spring trips in the Cali last year...stayed at Le Porge plage just south of Lacanau...nice and quiet, nice manageable waves

Two dogs.
I often surf around the Gower. Bought my first board off PJ back in 97/98.
Great breaks around there. I was in a place last weekend called Pembrey. Visited the beach, is it surfable...?

In a word...no.

I've been windsurfing for years and years too, and started SUP surfing this year.

PJ has done well for himself...started off way back when there really weren't many people surfing and just kept going...nice life

Not so much surfer as body boarders. Off to saunton sands, Braunton this bank holiday to hopefully catch some waves.

In a word...no.

I've been windsurfing for years and years too, and started SUP surfing this year.

PJ has done well for himself...started off way back when there really weren't many people surfing and just kept going...nice life

That guy (PJ)is living the dream.
Haven’t heard of Pembrey before, so didn’t seem likely.

I carefully & thoughtfully specced my Cali with only the absolutely essential options I really needed (as per a lot of advice on here). Then I added most of the other juicy options after placing the order (as per a lot of advice on here).. well you’re a long time in the box.. anyway glad to hear from you fellow surfers - that’s a great shot & I recognise the board. I ride an orange Pig, YES take up SUP’ing then get on a 9’6 longboard. It’ll do wonders for your core fitness, back & more. I’m based just outside Brighton so my options are Tidemills (generally poor) or East Wittering (above average on its day). 1-2 times a month I head west to north Devon or Polzeath / Constantine bay which is a beautiful spot. The Cali means I can take a co pilot (can’t hack the drive on my own for a days surf anymore!) & sleep over with the heater on in the winter & get in a days surfing. That’s the plan anyway. Thanks for the west coast of France suggestions, I’ll check them out. And yes, I have 2 kids & a dog so hence the 3 seat bench & black trim, not sure I’ll bother with covers.. hmm : p

It’s a mission getting from Brighton over. I thought it was bad where I am. But I can get to South Wales in just over 2 hrs and also have the option of the NE coast too

Sounds like a great van.

Live in Croyde now so don't need the Cali for surf trips as much anymore, recommend West coast of France, plenty of places to park for free, short walk over the dunes into the surf
Where is the jealous emoji?

:sad ;):cheers

Not a UK surfer but well a Swedish. Just got myself a used T5 Cali SE. Next trip Will be Norwegian westcoast and the Hoddevik beach.