Take a dog to Ireland

The Blue Merle

The Blue Merle

4x4 joker
Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
N/A
Sorry should be taking a dog to Ireland!
just wanted to know if I head to Ireland with my crazy collie, whether you have to have health check and worming tablet before coming back?

I live in Northern Ireland..... We take our dog back and forth, to mainland GB, no issues..... You have no checks or pet-passport concerns, on any of the routes. Belfast-Liverpool, Dublin-Holyead etc etc.... No issues at all.

Enjoy your trip!

Checks are only made when returning from mainland Europe back to UK or Ireland (which are both Rabies free, whereas the mainland Europe isn't.)

He has his passport and up to date rabies jabs, just wondered if there was any requirements for leaving Ireland. Will have a read on link thanks

I live in Northern Ireland..... We take our dog back and forth, to mainland GB, no issues..... You have no checks or pet-passport concerns, on any of the routes. Belfast-Liverpool, Dublin-Holyead etc etc.... No issues at all.

Enjoy your trip!
Do they charge you extra on the ferry, like at Dover (con as he's not allowed out the van so don't get the £30 charge for a two sec microchip scan!)

No, they don't charge for dogs, as there's no inspection etc.... Dog has to stay in vehicle, during crossing, or go into one of the free cages (where you can visit during the crossing.)

This may not apply for the overnight crossings from Belfast to Birkenhead, where you may need to book them into an on-board kennel, or with you in a pet-friendly cabin.

No, they don't charge for dogs, as there's no inspection etc.... Dog has to stay in vehicle, during crossing, or go into one of the free cages (where you can visit during the crossing.)

This may not apply for the overnight crossings from Belfast to Birkenhead, where you may need to book them into a kennel.
He's happy in the camper, I will get a fast crossing prob from Holyhead.
Thanks for your help

That place is way to busy for me, the town is nice to visit. Will check the wild camp spot out though.
I have a cracking spot near beddgelert where I can camp if not.
Thanks again

We have taken the Dublin-Holyhead route a good few times, 3x this year, with our dog.... No problems/checks at all.

We normally stay near Betws-y-Coed, as it's quite close to Holyhead, and has a nice chilled-out campsite

http://www.rynys-camping.co.uk

and also a good wild-camp

https://www.park4night.com/lieu/27536//unnamed-road/united-kingdom/conwy#.WZ2N562ZNYg
Hi
I'm just sorting out ferry and wanted to know do you book as a camper/motorhome or have you tried to get away as a big car.
Thanks

Hi
I'm just sorting out ferry and wanted to know do you book as a camper/motorhome or have you tried to get away as a big car.
Thanks

Always goes as a car rate. Sometimes I use the aferry website, which allows to select exact vehicle. Other time I just use Stenaline or Irish Ferries, and book as less than 2m height.