Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Take note... early corrosion

Scott

Scott

HI All,

I thought I should mention that having had to replace my windscreen (thank you Pheasant), the technician changing the screen noticed corrosion in the bottom corners of the front roof spoiler, where the guttering almost comes to an end. Yes rust bubbling up.

I took it to my local van centre (Colbornes) and then I had to take it to their body shop, who confirmed that it is a warranty job. The guy who looked at it said he had seen it a few times on the new Cali's. I have not seen a note on the forum about it...has anyone else suffered from this?

So guys just check your roofs, right at the front bottom corners where the guttering almost ends. It is not a place that collects water and there are no stone chips. My Cali is almost a year old. I clean it regularly and I am very pedantic when I do it and yet I hadn't spotted this.

I love it to bits and otherwise I am very, very happy with it. As with all these type of vehicles you need to look after them. But keep an eye out to ensure if it happens it is under your warranty.

I'll post a picture when I can so you can see where and what to look for. It should be in the body shop in little more than a weeks time.

Sorry to deliver bad news, but this is something you want to spot as early as possible.

Scott

Back