Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Longest wait for roof corrosion fix??

J

jeannie

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 174 4Motion
Apologies. Cannot find the answer in the many threads on this topic
I have a 2011 Cali and I reported my roof corrosion within the warranty period. I have a letter dated 2016 from the body panel company who would have been allocated to do the work stating they no longer undertook this work due to Vw instructions on the type of Repair they Could do and were not prepared to risk their reputation by doing a botch job
Basically my local VW dealer (SMG) is saying they only have me on their list since 2019?? And there are 10 of us on the list. I argue I must be the first on their list, due to the time I have been waiting. They cannot give me any idea when it can be fixed and it is now deteriorating fast as you can imagine
They say I am not first on their list - Coukd anyone really have been waiting longer than me??? and there is only one body shop (twickenham- I’m in East Sussex) undertaking this work.
I want to sell the van and obviously cannot with the roof in this state
Two questions
Has anyone else had to wait this long?
Are there any other body shops in the south east that do this work?
Many thanks guys

From what you say it doesn’t appear that you are going to get a resolution to this from VW. Many repair shops won’t do the work any longer because VW won’t pay them to do the work correctly and puts the onus on the repair shop to guarantee the work and as you said businesses won’t put their reputation at stake for the sake of a few poor paying jobs from VW.
Have you thought about biting the bullet and paying to get the work done yourself?
How far has the corrosion gone? Is it just the roof or the front panel as well?.

Back