Tap elec-trickery

vwanorak

vwanorak

Aircooled at heart!
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 130
Help please with thoughts...

My tap stopped working, so I checked the fuse, which is fine. I then suspected the micro-switch in the tap, so tried to investigate, but in doing so have broken the tap.

In preperation for replacing the tap I have removed the original tap, but having cut the wires at the tap end, do not seem to have any kind of current across the brown and blue wires. I was Actually hoping to get the pump to operate by putting the wires together, but nothing, not even when I connect a bulb / checker.

Clearly I need to replace the old tap anyway (now that I have destroyed it), but it seems like this will not solve my problem.

Any thoughts and advice would be greatly received.

Thank you

Andrew

Help please with thoughts...

My tap stopped working, so I checked the fuse, which is fine. I then suspected the micro-switch in the tap, so tried to investigate, but in doing so have broken the tap.

In preperation for replacing the tap I have removed the original tap, but having cut the wires at the tap end, do not seem to have any kind of current across the brown and blue wires. I was Actually hoping to get the pump to operate by putting the wires together, but nothing, not even when I connect a bulb / checker.

Clearly I need to replace the old tap anyway (now that I have destroyed it), but it seems like this will not solve my problem.

Any thoughts and advice would be greatly received.

Thank you

Andrew
Tap stopped working or was it the pump.
if the Fuse is OK and connecting the cut ends of the wires doesn’t fire up the pump, check the Pump?