Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Tent emergency exit.

Sp0_0k

Sp0_0k

Vehicle
T6 Beach 4Motion
Just has an idea, how easy is it to escape a tent in case of emergency. For example, I carry a tool for quickly breaking the windows in all the vehicles.
How easy is it to get out of the tent in case you have to, even if you have to rip or damage the fabrics?
Is it better to keep something sharp in a tent to cut the fabrics fast or it is ripped not that hard by hand?

Guess you got a point there , when a fire accures below while in the pop-top you could get out from above...

Good point. The Reimo pop tops have windows which allow unzipping of the mesh not just the curtain, and would permit escape, unlike the Cali.

Good point. The Reimo pop tops have windows which allow unzipping of the mesh not just the curtain, and would permit escape, unlike the Cali.
Unzipping those mesh also can be very usefull when fly's and other annoying insects are up top...wich a Cali had that feature...

So nobody thought on this simple safety precausion?

The Canvas is only a push fit onto the roof or roof base so I would have thought a lateral force would pull it away top or bottom, or pulling on the vertical strengtheners that fold inwards would pull the canvas out of its fitting . Unfortunately I'm not volunteering to test this possibility. I'll leave that to others, but members who have replaced their own canvas could confirm how easy/not easy it is.:thumb

So nobody thought on this simple safety precausion?

As WG says above don't think the canvas would keep me in in case of emergency...

Much to my husbands amusement I keep a small multi tool on the ledge...just in case I need to rip the canvass in an emergency. I had a small flat-fire when I was younger and it's left me having to always know how to escape.

Back