Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

That's my Boy.

Great photo - great achievement by your boy

I do love an aircraft carrier/Sea Harrier combo.
As a school boy, I attended the launch of Invincible (the Falklands version).

Three Harriers flew in, hovered side by side over the flight deck and dipped their noses to the Queen before peeling away. Awesome stuff.

Three Harriers flew in, hovered side by side over the flight deck and dipped their noses to the Queen before peeling away. Awesome stuff.

Brilliant Welsh gas..
I, like sidepod was at the Invincible launch as a school kid in 1977. I don’t remember the Harriers formation. What I do remember was, it threw it down and our school doled out a black bin bag to each of us with 3 cuts in so we could use it as a rain coat. Then we all walked from school to the Shipyard all in black bin liners. Ah the seventies…
I also remember the panic as the wash from the launch came back from the other side of the channel and came back up the slipway. Chasing a good number of people back up.. ! sidepods is a way better memory of a superb carrier that saw some genuine action.
Red.

In a previous life I designed some of the printed circuit boards for those Harriers :)

I had the same CAD system as BAE, an EIE 80/10. Big expensive beast running on a DEC PDP11. There were only a few systems in the U.K.

Wow, wow, wow. Hats off. You have ever right to feel proud. What an achievement.

Yes. Off Lowestoft taken from flight deck of The Queen Elizabeth.
Great campsite at Lowestoft, Kessingland beach C&much. Fabulous views on hardstanding, no awning!

A fantastic achievement to be able to fly such an amazing aircraft. You must be so proud @WelshGas

What do the Navy call carriers these days? They changed it to “Through Deck Cruisers “ when I was a boy.

It’s a fantastic achievement and an amazing photo. I wonder if you could get a copy.

You stirred my curiosity to the point of looking up the F35. Some serious training required to fly one; how many millions each one?
Does your son get his name printed along the side of his plane's cockpit?

ABAB were at RIAT 2023 recently and there was an F35 on display. Your sons?

ABAB were at RIAT 2023 recently and there was an F35 on display. Your sons?
No, they have a dedicated Display team. He has another Squadron role.

You stirred my curiosity to the point of looking up the F35. Some serious training required to fly one; how many millions each one?
Does your son get his name printed along the side of his plane's cockpit?

The Americans do, but not the RAF. Security so the Pilot cannot be identified.

All he ever wanted to do. Certified on the Harrier, Tornado, F18, 3 yrs exchange with USA Navy and now F35.

Amazing.
All I ever wanted to do, but didn’t have the ability to qualify…

Congrats to your son, dream job :thumb

Back