Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

The 2nd happiest day of boat owning life .............

chockswahay

chockswahay

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Coast 150
OK, I will admit that this post is not really van related, but on the basis that it will give me more time to use the van..............

Those of you that have owned a boat before will know why this is the 2nd happiest day of ownership!

Bye bye 'Barnacle Goose', it's been 5 good years :). More van time here we come! :thumb

c7e9ef1b-1deb-4d42-988f-14ebc26d4eeb.jpeg

As a skipper on a nice yacht on Windermere told me when i said i wanted a yacht "No, you don't want a yacht, you want a friend with a yacht ". ;)

A yacht, I was told that is a "hole in the water you throw money in to"

Had two sports cruisers. What you don't lose in depreciation, you certainly lose in maintenance and berthing fees, Loved them but they burn money

My family used to own Thames Sailing Barges, they make yachts look like sensible investments! Can easily spend a £1m or so refurbishing one these days, thats if you can find anyone with the expertise to do it.

I should just add......... for those that haven't had a boat or don't know what the hell I'm on about........

We sold it! ...... The happiest day joke is a boaty expression referring to the day you buy a boat and the day you sell it :D

However my wife (the real sailor out of the two of us) is not as happy as me (I am a reluctant, gets bored easily ,sometimes a bit sick, sailor!)

I hate that expression. Have always loved owning a boat, even though I’m struggling to sell the current one.

My family used to own a fleet of Greek shipping tankers, those buggers make a yacht look like a sensible investment too.:D

Great picture @chockswahay, I love it, and love the saying.

Surely that’s the coast, the beach would have no sail and a pair of oars.

Welsh T5...Look No Paddle!

coracle-1-697x523.jpg

Back