Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

France first trip in the Cali 6.1

Now you know why there are “a local Delicacy” !

they couldn’t sell them to the wider population :cheers

Once tried never again.
The ones I had were close to liquid inside. Not much I don’t like, but they were revolting

That sounds

Sounds like heaven, we are still deciding if the Northern lights are calling next year or we come back to France.Another TopTip if you lower a leg on the rollout awning remember to put it back up when packing away your head will thank you. And here is the van after 2 weeks

IMG_7704.jpeg

Well we have arrived in Bordeaux Ta Da !! TopTip if you turn off Toll and Motorways on your satnav you will be delighted by some delightful little villages on the way.

So during the Trip we have been using the ACSI app to find campsites and it is working very well, the first site in Bordeaux Yelloh! Village Bordeaux Lac closer to the centre was unfortunately Full with no space for either one or two nights. So we set off to Caravan Beausoleil and have to say we have found another Gem !!, now they do do half pitches! but it is up to you if you accept it or not and the lady that meet us Kathy was absolutely delightful with loads of info about the town including Tickets that can be used on the bus, Tram or Boat bus for 24 hours………….oh and we have found the sun as its now 32 in the shade……Just need some wine now

So as we are in Bordeaux we decided to pop in to the centre for some food and a look around
, rather than use the van we jumped on the local bus from the terminus at the campsite to the bus terminus that would link up with the Trams. Only one problem with this plan “roadworks” meaning the tram service was off, it was replaced with a shuttle bus so all ended well if a little more complicated. Shame about he Bell tower as its being repaired. Luckily the tickets are valid for 24 hours so will be going back tomorrow

IMG_7742.jpeg

So we have been back to Bordeaux for a proper look around today and must say it is a very beautiful place to visit, but would think you need two days to fully take it in. The Bus,Tram and boat system is very slick and works well and the tickets only cost 6 euros per person for 24 hours.

We also upped our game today and visited a shop by Porte Cailhau that only sells wine, came away a little poorer than when we went in LOL.
Top Tip the fridge works a little harder when it’s hot so keep an eye on your batteries so you don’t run out of power and need to run the van for a bit.

We are off tomorrow 20th heading for Rocamadour, 3 hours away that also looks very nice for a 2 day stop over via Bergerac

So we have been back to Bordeaux for a proper look around today and must say it is a very beautiful place to visit, but would think you need two days to fully take it in. The Bus,Tram and boat system is very slick and works well and the tickets only cost 6 euros per person for 24 hours.

We also upped our game today and visited a shop by Porte Cailhau that only sells wine, came away a little poorer than when we went in LOL.
Top Tip the fridge works a little harder when it’s hot so keep an eye on your batteries so you don’t run out of power and need to run the van for a bit.

We are off tomorrow 20th heading for Rocamadour, 3 hours away that also looks very nice for a 2 day stop over via Bergerac
If you get the chance La Roque-Gageac (bit further on from Bergerac) is a nice little place to spend a day. Safe swimming and canoeing in the river.

I can second that, try a nice boat trip. Then go to Les Eyzies and see the troglodyte caves amongst other things. Walnuts area and wines.

Last night was very eventful in that we ran out of everything “ well almost” I cooked a lovely dinner seasoned steak, new potato’s and green beans all washed down by a very nice bottle of Bordeaux red wine “La Piecelle”. When I went to cook the beans and potato's we had run out of gas in the van so had to juggle everything on the Cadac, but thought nothing of this as the 907 Camping Gaz bottle should be available everywhere “We are in FRANCE right !!!!.”

We then settled in for the night and at about 2 am i noticed the fridge had turned off and the display was saying Batteries Extremely flat charge now!! So in hot weather 30 Deg + the fridge on number 4 will run from fully charged to flat batteries for about 48 hours. With the drive to Rocamadour being about 3 hours we should be again fully charged so all good.

I also noticed that the pop top had lowered its self on both sides of the roof, thought this was sorted but no. So when we get back home I will put the roof up and see what happens..

Another thing I have seen is a crease in the roll out awning, there is nothing I can do to get it to roll up without the crease, Have any of you had the same issue. And before you ask there is nothing being rolled up with it !!

TopTip The Camping Gaz 907 is not available everywhere as at all the petrol stations we past none of them had the bottles in the cages they had everything else but not the one we need, Decathlon also do not stock them so don’t look there for them…Surprisingly they are sold in the big Supermarkets and there is a trick TopTip visit the information desk and ask for a refill ticket in exchange for your empty bottle, then visit the outdoor gardening part of the store to get your bottle and go to the checkout with the full bottle and the ticket. Full bottle on its own 53 euros, exchange was 34 euros so much cheaper than back in the uk TopTip don’t buy before you come buy here…….!!

Well we have now arrived in Rocamadour after stopping at some cafe’s for drinks and have to say the drive over was very nice, TopTip put the Cali in Sport mode and head for the D25 and then link up with the D247, Just remember you are in a 3 ton van not a Dino 206 GT !!!

The site we are at is very good Camping KOAWA Le Relais du Camper with good clean facilities and pool, and very close to the village.

Last night was very eventful in that we ran out of everything “ well almost” I cooked a lovely dinner seasoned steak, new potato’s and green beans all washed down by a very nice bottle of Bordeaux red wine “La Piecelle”. When I went to cook the beans and potato's we had run out of gas in the van so had to juggle everything on the Cadac, but thought nothing of this as the 907 Camping Gaz bottle should be available everywhere “We are in FRANCE right !!!!.”

We then settled in for the night and at about 2 am i noticed the fridge had turned off and the display was saying Batteries Extremely flat charge now!! So in hot weather 30 Deg + the fridge on number 4 will run from fully charged to flat batteries for about 48 hours. With the drive to Rocamadour being about 3 hours we should be again fully charged so all good.

I also noticed that the pop top had lowered its self on both sides of the roof, thought this was sorted but no. So when we get back home I will put the roof up and see what happens..

Another thing I have seen is a crease in the roll out awning, there is nothing I can do to get it to roll up without the crease, Have any of you had the same issue. And before you ask there is nothing being rolled up with it !!

TopTip The Camping Gaz 907 is not available everywhere as at all the petrol stations we past none of them had the bottles in the cages they had everything else but not the one we need, Decathlon also do not stock them so don’t look there for them…Surprisingly they are sold in the big Supermarkets and there is a trick TopTip visit the information desk and ask for a refill ticket in exchange for your empty bottle, then visit the outdoor gardening part of the store to get your bottle and go to the checkout with the full bottle and the ticket. Full bottle on its own 53 euros, exchange was 34 euros so much cheaper than back in the uk TopTip don’t buy before you come buy here…….!!

Well we have now arrived in Rocamadour after stopping at some cafe’s for drinks and have to say the drive over was very nice, TopTip put the Cali in Sport mode and head for the D25 and then link up with the D247, Just remember you are in a 3 ton van not a Dino 206 GT !!!

The site we are at is very good Camping KOAWA Le Relais du Camper with good clean facilities and pool, and very close to the village.
We carry 2 x 907 bottles - one installed for the van cooker (hardly used) and one loose for cooking outside. Another good option is to get a Cadac Dual Power Pak. You can get the gas canisters just about everywhere.

IMG_1954.jpeg

We carry 2 x 907 bottles - one installed for the van cooker (hardly used) and one loose for cooking outside. Another good option is to get a Cadac Dual Power Pak. You can get the gas canisters just about everywhere.

View attachment 126684
Hi yes I liked the backup option and went with this instead as like you said the cans can be brought anywhere

image.jpg

Sounds like you need to invest in a minimum 100w solar and or a Swarey 1000w power pack.
Power pack can be charged from solar or whilst driving.

Well today can be summed up in one word “Rocamadour” and I am looking forwards to returning later tonight when the lights are on. Wow what a place to visit

Well today can be summed up in one word “Rocamadour” and I am looking forwards to returning later tonight when the lights are on. Wow what a place to visit
We were there in August 2016 for the candlelight procession, was an awesome place

So its sad times as we are now on the climb back up France on an our way home, After Rocamadour we headed for the underground caves of Gouffre de Padirac then on to the Red Village of Collonges la-Rouge. With both being added to the list of places to go and see.

We are now heading North on our way back to Calais ready for “stand by work on Monday” and have stopped off at
Camping L Ile Adeline that has a very nice lake next to it so if you like water sports then stop here.

We are just looking for a pitch at Calais for tomorrow before we get the boat home on 26th and then back to Birmingham….

IMG_7974.jpeg

Back