Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

The adventure begins

P

Pips Dad

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Thanks for letting me join the club.
I will be collecting our T6 VW Ocean on Friday and my wife and I are looking forward to some exciting places to visit in our (nearly) new vehicle. We are new to this type of experience and as we are getting on a bit now, I hope our choice of lifestyle for holidays etc proves a good choice!
I didn’t want a huge vehicle to drive around as we life in the Scottish Highlands and as some of the roads can be pretty narrow by modern standards, the California seems the best made camper on the market, albeit expensive. But I guess you get what you pay for.
I will be looking for things that make the experience better after we have used the vehicle for a few outings etc. So the ‘Club’ should be a good source of info.

Welcome to the forum as you say the cali is ideal for narrow roads we have them in Devon as well.Enjoy your adventures.

Hi Pips Dad,

Good on you for making the choice to embrace another experience, I am sure you will enjoy the experiences a Cali can bring, what ever you choose to do.
The best tip I can give you is, use it, learn what suits your particular needs, and what will improve your personal experience in the way you use it and have no regrets.

Welcome allong , roads in general are normal but cars are much wider then 40y ago.
Put a T2 behind a T6 and the T2 simply disappears.
I've been to the UK few times and the countryroads are narrow indeed , love to get to the Scottisch highland on a future trip...;)

Welcome here!
Loved Scotland a few years ago and plan is to return with our van!
Enjoy and happy camping!
BTW look forward to some pictures of your Cali and trips.

Thanks for letting me join the club.
I will be collecting our T6 VW Ocean on Friday and my wife and I are looking forward to some exciting places to visit in our (nearly) new vehicle. We are new to this type of experience and as we are getting on a bit now, I hope our choice of lifestyle for holidays etc proves a good choice!
I didn’t want a huge vehicle to drive around as we life in the Scottish Highlands and as some of the roads can be pretty narrow by modern standards, the California seems the best made camper on the market, albeit expensive. But I guess you get what you pay for.
I will be looking for things that make the experience better after we have used the vehicle for a few outings etc. So the ‘Club’ should be a good source of info.
Welcome here!
Loved Scotland a few years ago and plan is to return with our van!
Enjoy and happy camping!
BTW look forward to some pictures of your Cali and trips.

What is BTW?

Back