Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

The Beach is Back!

P

paul_f

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
A few things to also note:

It seems that the Art Velour fabric is not available on the Beach Camper.
No digital dash.
No Premium Sat Nav. Not bothered but does looks much nicer.
Basic Van dash. No inlays. Shame.
That's because VW UK see it as the basic model unfortunately
In Europe you can get 4motion versions and many more options

Borris

Borris

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Call me a Luddite if you wish but in time, not having the digital dash could come to be seen as a good thing. If one of those things goes wrong it's my guess that it won't be possible to fix it. The mind boggles as to the cost of a replacement.

MattBW

MattBW

Here to help
Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 Beach
Have had a wonderful 5 years with my beach and glad to see it back. The pop out kitchen is wonderful and depending on what mine is worth I may be tempted. When VW stopped supplying to UK I was baffled.

Last edited:
4x4 joker

4x4 joker

VW T6 Westfalia Club Joker 4motion
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
N/A
Been looking at the new beach camper on be configurator and couldn’t see the grape yellow???
Does anyone know if they are still doing the beach in the trademark colour.

66tim99

66tim99

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
A few things to also note:

It seems that the Art Velour fabric is not available on the Beach Camper.
No digital dash.
No Premium Sat Nav. Not bothered but does looks much nicer.
Basic Van dash. No inlays. Shame.
Strange isn’t it, that VW would rather refuse your cash?

2haw

2haw

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
I’ve been told today that VW are probably making the Art Velours available on the Beach Camper.

Problem I’ve now got is that with the spec I fancy, an Ocean is approx 3.5 grand more but with more standard kit. Having 3 kids, I’ve never considered an Ocean but as my eldest is nearly 15, he now sleeps outside in a tent whenever we’re away. If the Beach was 2 grand cheaper it would be an easier decision!

2into1

2into1

Née T4WFA. Now running 2006 LHD T5 SE 130 Manual
Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 130
Problem I’ve now got is that with the spec I fancy, an Ocean is approx 3.5 grand more but with more standard kit
That must make the Coast cheaper than your spec of Beach?

2haw

2haw

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
That must make the Coast cheaper than your spec of Beach?
A standard Coast is a lot cheaper but a Coast to the same spec as the Beach I’m after would be around 2k more.
Its only about 1.5 grand between the Coast and the Ocean when I add my wish list!

2haw

2haw

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
One thing I have wondered...
Does the Beach now come with Power latching to boot and side door? No mention of these 2 on options list now but didn’t see them on standard equipment either.

Does anyone know what the Coast has?

Last edited:
AlisonF

AlisonF

Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
One thing i have wondered...
Does the Beach now cone with Power latching to boot and side door? No mention of these 2 on options list now but didn’t see them on standard equipment either.

We could not find power latching in the configurator for the Beach Camper when I was in speccing mine last week.

F

Ferryman

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Coast 150
One thing i have wondered...
Does the Beach now cone with Power latching to boot and side door? No mention of these 2 on options list now but didn’t see them on standard equipment either.

I think coast has power latching for boot but not side door and unfortunately no option to add. Believe ocean has both.

2haw

2haw

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
I think coast has power latching for boot but not side door and unfortunately no option to add. Believe ocean has both.
I’ve since noticed in the new brochure that it states the Ocean has the side latching door is standard. No mention of it elsewhere.

F

Ferryman

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Coast 150
I’ve since noticed in the new brochure that it states the Ocean has the side latching door is standard. No mention of it elsewhere.
If you bring up the configuration on vw vans for a specific model there is at the top above the pic ‘Show standard equipment’ which brings up a very detailed long list which may be useful. Things will be scored through on this list as you add options which replace them. Also handy for me was the ‘technical data‘ tab in this same option which updates the vehicle weight/payload based on options selected.

66tim99

66tim99

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
If you bring up the configuration on vw vans for a specific model there is at the top above the pic ‘Show standard equipment’ which brings up a very detailed long list which may be useful. Things will be scored through on this list as you add options which replace them. Also handy for me was the ‘technical data‘ tab in this same option which updates the vehicle weight/payload based on options selected.
Very helpful. Do you know what a 17 inch chassis is? To do with brake/wheel size?

2haw

2haw

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Looked through that but couldn’t see anything regarding the power assisted doors on the Beach

F

Ferryman

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Coast 150
Very helpful. Do you know what a 17 inch chassis is? To do with brake/wheel size?
Yes I think you need 17" wheels since the brake discs increase in size but it may incorporate other changes. This I guess is why the beach/ocean has it and not the coast.

F

Ferryman

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Coast 150
Looked through that but couldn’t see anything regarding the power assisted doors on the Beach
I would like the sliding door assistance as it can be loud at night but looks like it is only available on the ocean. Coast gets tailgate which I don't really care about and beach doesn't look to get either unfortunately.

Scorf

Scorf

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
On the 17" chassis option, basically there are two VW transporter chassis ratings used for California conversion.

A 3000Kg GVW is the lower rated of the two with smaller front disc brakes (280mm I think). This is the base for the Coast & was the standard for a T6 Beach. This had 16" wheels as standard.

The other is a 3080Kg GVW which has larger 342mm front discs, which need 17" wheels minimum to clear the callipers (hence the 17" name). This is the standard chassis used for the Ocean & now both types of T6.1 Beach, after only being an option on the T6.

2haw

2haw

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
You can now specify sliding side windows with fly screens on the Beach Camper on the UK Configurator. The cost is an additional £114 per window.

VW California Club