Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

The Beach is Back!

Very helpful. Do you know what a 17 inch chassis is? To do with brake/wheel size?
Yes I think you need 17" wheels since the brake discs increase in size but it may incorporate other changes. This I guess is why the beach/ocean has it and not the coast.

Looked through that but couldn’t see anything regarding the power assisted doors on the Beach
I would like the sliding door assistance as it can be loud at night but looks like it is only available on the ocean. Coast gets tailgate which I don't really care about and beach doesn't look to get either unfortunately.

On the 17" chassis option, basically there are two VW transporter chassis ratings used for California conversion.

A 3000Kg GVW is the lower rated of the two with smaller front disc brakes (280mm I think). This is the base for the Coast & was the standard for a T6 Beach. This had 16" wheels as standard.

The other is a 3080Kg GVW which has larger 342mm front discs, which need 17" wheels minimum to clear the callipers (hence the 17" name). This is the standard chassis used for the Ocean & now both types of T6.1 Beach, after only being an option on the T6.

You can now specify sliding side windows with fly screens on the Beach Camper on the UK Configurator. The cost is an additional £114 per window.

We could not find power latching in the configurator for the Beach Camper when I was in speccing mine last week.
Power latching is standard on the sliding doors and the boot on the Australian model Beach Tour. So it's possible,but whether it's available in your market is a different thing.

VW UK have confirmed that power latching is not available on the Beach.

Mind you an easy retrofit with many creative positions for the EHU socket as seen in the Transporter forums. Under the bonnet, under the bumper, or hidden below the rear lights etc:.
Or behind a hinged GTE badge?

Hi Alison

check out this website for photos and spec

here is a photo of the camping gas bottle holder

View attachment 67746
Hello subtree,

Can you confirm that this gas bottle is 904? On my first try I had problems to put 904 in the holder, mainly because of gas valve...

Hello subtree,

Can you confirm that this gas bottle is 904? On my first try I had problems to put 904 in the holder, mainly because of gas valve...
:thumb

Back