The biggest smile in cali-land

GrannyJen

GrannyJen

Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
Cali now sold
Must be mine!

I was hoping to take Albert to Cornwall tomorrow for his voyage with a maiden. Whoops! :oops: I meant maiden voyage :D

A window of opportunity opened about lunchtime today so I jumped through it. Decided to at least get half way there today.

So... Sat in a gorgeous, really friendly pub in lovely Dorset countryside just outside Wimbourne. Albert is parked in a field at the end of the car park. He behaved impeccably, lovely to drive, everything works except the hook up lead which has a rattle from one of the connectors like a pair of maraccas and refuses to fit on the male pins. No problem, the pub has lent me a cable and their is a caravan accessory shop two miles away and on my route to Cornwall.

Totally, absolutely delighted with everything. gorgeous. The wine in the pub is pretty good as well. In fact, I might just stop here and buy a few postcards of lands end off Amazon :D

Nice one jen :thumb have a nice cosy night :thumb

Hi Jen,

Weather in Cornwall has been lovely today. Hopefully it will continue to stay fine and you will get to enjoy a glass of wine sitting outside Albert in the sunshine. Have a safe journey. :hello

Nice one!
Looks like a perfect beginning with your new Cali
I wish I was there too...but tomorrow's going to be another working day :sad

Have fun!

Ciao! :hello

Have fun Jen , i will keep a look out for you as you pass through Devon ..

Nice one Jen - where in Cornwall? We're in Polzeath. Weather should be okay today too :thumb

Thank you everyone,

I am now in Cornwall,

Kernowlad, not far from you, Delabole :D

Will be at Lands End tomorrow to begin writing, although the final is going to have to be deferred, daft tart, I forgot my charger for my mac :oops: Having to depend on an Ipad, which is just adequate.