Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

The Caddy Camper

:welcome Would love to see more pictures I felt it was a shame when the Caddy Camper only had a short production

Here's a insight of the Tramper also original VW factory build.
Scroll halfway down the page...

@Meoncoast , i do belive they still build and sell those caddy's

Not a Caddy but here you can see a likewise , Fiat Doblo and other stuff we saw @Dusseldorf show in september

Here's a insight of the Tramper also original VW factory build.
Scroll halfway down the page...

@Meoncoast , i do belive they still build and sell those caddy's
But not here in the UK and far as I am aware a few converters try to replicate but not the same.

Im not sure, I believe you can still buy a caddy camper in Europe& Australia

Wow well maybe we have 1 each then
I think you can check on how many left.com or similar but they are uber rare. Out if interest what did you pay? My mother in laws has 70k on it now and no van centre had a clue on its value when she looked to part ex for a cali.

I think you can check on how many left.com or similar but they are uber rare. Out if interest what did you pay? My mother in laws has 70k on it now and no van centre had a clue on its value when she looked to part ex for a cali.

Mine is the 140BHP one in manual, It sold brand new for £21,500 as I have the original sales invoice as I know they struggled to sell them at list price at the time. To be honest I have just bought a new Cali Ocean DSG and then this caddy showed up on a trade auction site and I just had to buy it as I have never seen one before - it ended up at £13,500 in end plus some fees/delivery etc. Again very hard to price but I feel a good investment for its rarity value, 1 owner, low miles, etc.

Good buy imho. The only one I found that did sell was in Bristol and grey manual 140bhp same as mother in laws and similar miles. He paid £15k. Enjoy!

Good buy imho. The only one I found that did sell was in Bristol and grey manual 140bhp same as mother in laws and similar miles. He paid £15k. Enjoy!
Thanks, yes I look forward to testing it out next year when it warms up ;)

Hi Paul,
Congratulations on your new purchase.
I did seen one of these some time ago in a dealers showroom and I was rather impressed. Ideal for a couple and a very practical everyday car as well. Whilst it didn't suit my personal requirements I can certainly see the appeal. Please let us know how you get on with it on your adventures.

BTW, love the colour.

Welcome Paul
Thanks for sharing! I like the idea of the caddy camper. Coming from tent and sleeping in station car, the Caddy was def an idea befor buying a van.
My parents in law are going the same way, they‘ve got a similar car from another brand and just added a bed in the booth. They love it and enjoy the best of two worlds (my father in law works/repairs wheel chairs so the car is perfect for transport too).

Happy camping!

You didn't happen to be in Vendôme this july? I saw a green Caddy camper or tramper on the campsite.
I only saw 1 lady in it I guess, and by the look of your avatar, you are 2?

Paul, Have you sold your van? best wishes Steve

Back