Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

The dream is almost a reality..................almost!

Yeah after a long wait with 10 provisional build weeks, the 11th turned into a confirmed week 34 build week. Week after next! All being well, deliver 7 weeksish later. Just booked it in for a ceramic coat and PPF front end at Azuri, and for the seat covers to be fitted at Individual Auto Design. The dream is almost a reality....!
I look forward to the photos when you get it. What seat covers are you getting? IAD looks a cool company and I can see myself popping over next year when I get mine. Dare I ask how much the cover are costing?

I look forward to the photos when you get it. What seat covers are you getting? IAD looks a cool company and I can see myself popping over next year when I get mine. Dare I ask how much the cover are costing?
£815 for front and rear seats, alcantara centres and leather look edges/backs, plus £70 fitting, which is a bargain as it can take a few hours. They supply the shop, so if you like the shop materials, you can get them cheaper if you're a member.

Yeah after a long wait with 10 provisional build weeks, the 11th turned into a confirmed week 34 build week. Week after next! All being well, deliver 7 weeksish later. Just booked it in for a ceramic coat and PPF front end at Azuri, and for the seat covers to be fitted at Individual Auto Design. The dream is almost a reality....!
SorryI that was +VAT = £1059 when I checked. Still cheaper than art velours at £1248 (plus you get the standard seats underneath...).
I know you can re-upholster in leather for similar money...but you cant strip that off leaving the original...

SorryI that was +VAT = £1059 when I checked. Still cheaper than art velours at £1248 (plus you get the standard seats underneath...).
I know you can re-upholster in leather for similar money...but you cant strip that off leaving the original...
I’ve followed them on Instagram so will give them a shout when my van is due. Thanks for the info.

That’s what I’ll tell all my mates when they ask ;)
I'm sure the real petrolheads will
Have you tried the art velours? They are very nice

I'm sure the real petrolheads will

Have you tried the art velours? They are very nice
Yes I wish I'd ticked that box now. But the IAD seat covers are great too, and you have the benefit of standard seats underneath too (he says justifying them to himself)

Yes I wish I'd ticked that box now. But the IAD seat covers are great too, and you have the benefit of standard seats underneath too (he says justifying them to himself)
Ah yes right you said, well I was looking at the site you listed and those are some wicked seats, loads of choice and still comes under the art velour price so wins all round.

Here in Switzerland anything that needs labour costs a fortune so it's just not worth thinking about as an option.

Just realised, the VW T2 had an air-cooled rear mounted boxer engine, shared with the beetle, which was the basis for the 911...

The current California's 2nd cousin is the 911 ! :cool:
I believe my old T2 had the same engine as the 914 of the day. There was something special about driving the T2. You'd press the gas to accelerate and first you would hear the roar of the engine behind and a moment later you could feel the push. I also remember the race to the back of the bus at red lights in winter to tweak the choke. Fun times.

I believe my old T2 had the same engine as the 914 of the day. There was something special about driving the T2. You'd press the gas to accelerate and first you would hear the roar of the engine behind and a moment later you could feel the push. I also remember the race to the back of the bus at red lights in winter to tweak the choke. Fun times.
Interesting didn't know that, gives me something to read about this evening

Ah yes right you said, well I was looking at the site you listed and those are some wicked seats, loads of choice and still comes under the art velour price so wins all round.

Here in Switzerland anything that needs labour costs a fortune so it's just not worth thinking about as an option.
Maybe a trip to England - get the covers fitted for £70 (2 hours) then tour the Lake District?

Maybe a trip to England - get the covers fitted for £70 (2 hours) then tour the Lake District?
Well I've gone for the art velours now :happy

Still, the north of England is high on the list of first places to visit, and could be good opportunity to combine with a bottom half wrap + all terrain wheel tyre combo

Well I've gone for the art velours now :happy

Still, the north of England is high on the list of first places to visit, and could be good opportunity to combine with a bottom half wrap + all terrain wheel tyre combo
Talking of which, who's watching this on channel 5?

20210813_211831.jpg

Back