Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Hello!...the start of our California dream

Jason wallace

Jason wallace

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Wanted to say hia and also thanks already for the great resource as we start the journey of speccing out our Ocean.

Have managed to have a good look around the two models and will be hiring a van in the next few weeks for a quick get away to 100% confirm it's the way we want to go.

The only issue we have at the moment is that our first choice engine cannot be ordered at the moment......i.e. 204PS. Seems VW and stopped taken orders and removed it from the dealership systems, the dealers i've spoken to don't 100% know why but one was hopeful it would be back on soon and felt it may be down to them tweaking the range and starting the production of the 2018 model in June. Lets hope so...

In the meantime my options list has grown and may need trimming :) ...

California Ocean SWB EU6 204 PS 2.0 TDI BMT 7sp DSG 4MOTION*
Indium Grey Metallic

*Trying to decide whether to lose the 4Motion and just go with the DSG

• Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) including Front Assist and City Emergency Braking (Max speed 99mph)
  • LED headlamps with LED daytime running lights (Tailgate) with red tail lights
  • Lights & Vision package
  • Leather multi-function sports steering wheel and gearshift knob with radio, telephone and display controls
  • Composition Media Radio with 6.33" touch screen
  • Towbar; removable/lockable (incl. trailer stabilisation)
  • App Connect
  • Fuel tank with a volume of 80l
  • Cupboard in Dark Wood with outdoor shower connection
  • Front and rear parking sensors with rear-view camera
  • 2 USB interfaces (also for iPod/iPhone), and AUX-IN jack No extra charge High Beam Assist
  • Awning (housing and rail in black)
  • Green heat insulating glass in cab with double glazed green privacy glass in the passenger compartment
  • Headlamp washer system with heated front washer nozzles and washer fluid level indicator No extra charge Mud flaps front and rear

Thanks

Jason

Welcome on board!

Welcome! Great options list. Very similar to ours except 150 and no LEDs/Towbar. ACC and App Connect making driving a real treat. Would also recommend Side Scan for peace of mind on long and/or congested motorway journeys.

Wanted to say hia and also thanks already for the great resource as we start the journey of speccing out our Ocean.

Have managed to have a good look around the two models and will be hiring a van in the next few weeks for a quick get away to 100% confirm it's the way we want to go.

The only issue we have at the moment is that our first choice engine cannot be ordered at the moment......i.e. 204PS. Seems VW and stopped taken orders and removed it from the dealership systems, the dealers i've spoken to don't 100% know why but one was hopeful it would be back on soon and felt it may be down to them tweaking the range and starting the production of the 2018 model in June. Lets hope so...

In the meantime my options list has grown and may need trimming :) ...

California Ocean SWB EU6 204 PS 2.0 TDI BMT 7sp DSG 4MOTION*
Indium Grey Metallic

*Trying to decide whether to lose the 4Motion and just go with the DSG

• Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) including Front Assist and City Emergency Braking (Max speed 99mph)
  • LED headlamps with LED daytime running lights (Tailgate) with red tail lights
  • Lights & Vision package
  • Leather multi-function sports steering wheel and gearshift knob with radio, telephone and display controls
  • Composition Media Radio with 6.33" touch screen
  • Towbar; removable/lockable (incl. trailer stabilisation)
  • App Connect
  • Fuel tank with a volume of 80l
  • Cupboard in Dark Wood with outdoor shower connection
  • Front and rear parking sensors with rear-view camera
  • 2 USB interfaces (also for iPod/iPhone), and AUX-IN jack No extra charge High Beam Assist
  • Awning (housing and rail in black)
  • Green heat insulating glass in cab with double glazed green privacy glass in the passenger compartment
  • Headlamp washer system with heated front washer nozzles and washer fluid level indicator No extra charge Mud flaps front and rear

Thanks

Jason
Fantastic vehicle and good choice of options.
In relation to 4Motion, if you can go for it it's really worth while..for obvious situations like driving onto a pitch on a grass campsite with a hill it's a winner.. But situations like that don't happen every day.. Driving on the normal road every day, the 4Motion is much more balanced and better handling than the 2WD.. Also, accelerating out of junctions or just general use (particularly on a wet road but even noticable on a dry one), the 4Motion really is worth the extra if it works with your budget. (Personally I would run with manual 4Motion as being the nicest version to drive but everyone to their own)
A

Did you hire a van? Finalised your order? Get it in before June if you don't want the 2018 version.

Did you hire a van? Finalised your order? Get it in before June if you don't want the 2018 version.

We've got a a van booked to hire at the end of this month for a few days will have spec ready and then look to sign after that.

Couldn't order the spec we wanted yet as we are looking for the larger engine and the order book is closed on those at the mo. But to be honest i'm not aware of any major changes that would put us off a 2018 versio.

Welcome to the forum.
Enjoy the hire time, I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

Home for the last couple of days 1 day old ocean...

It's cemented our intention to get one and will be sending out our requirements to a few dealers to get some quotes / deals.

One thing we did note is the standard upholstery is a magnet for marks and even with extra vigelance and care we've notice marks on all the seats. Covers will be a must from day one....especially with two 6 yo.

IMG_9115.JPG

Glad enjoyed it! No pressure with a brand new van then The first thing we bought for our Beach was carpets and seat covers, our kids have a talent for dropping, dripping and getting generally mucky.

It's taken long enough to get here but hopefully going to place order this week.

Just finalising the quote but looking at a discount of about 7.5% + 10% Discount on accessories.

Still flipping between colours and have been back between Candy White and a more grown up Indium Grey.

How exiting, we had a dealer ordered Cali Ocean with just about the same spec as yours and in the grey as we didn't get a choice. However we are over the moon with her and she's in the Indium grey . We are still in new owner excited stage and keep buying things for her!!

When I looked at a Candy White Beach next to an Oryx White Caravelle in Brum. Couple of weeks ago, I found it hard to tell them apart unless you were within a couple of metres.

The dealer's opinion was that the Candy White was popular and Oryx was an expensive luxury. Plus, if you need a repair, flat white Candy is much easier to match than opalescent Oryx.

I've gone for beige, but Candy white was a strong contender and I would have happily gone for that if I needed to free up budget for something more tangible like 204, DSG, or 4MO.

Deposit Paid and order being processed......the wait begins :thumb

Caved and got the Indium Grey....kept flitting between this and Candy White but after looking at a load of pics and seeing them in the flesh again it just edged it as my prefered.

I had the same dilemma and went the other way. Mainly because I was out voted. Both cool colours so couldnt really get it wrong. Hope you manage to stay sane during the wait!

Back