Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

The Great Black Friday Rip Off Approaches

Wogga

Wogga

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Yep it is that time when Black Friday approaches and the retailers prepare ....... by increasing prices ready to reduce them for the "Black Friday Deals'.
If I am going to consider buying an expensive item I do my research, stalk the prices to see how they go and where is the cheapest outlet. Leave the item in my basket for a potential small drop in price.

This year I have stalking a BlackVue dash cam for my Cali when it arrives. For the last few months the model I have considered has been £419 on Amazon, £469 in Halfords. Then boom a few weeks before Black Friday up goes the prices across the board to £499! All retailers play the game.

I wonder what the price will be on Black Friday? I will be amazed if there isn't a big splash that's says now only £419!!! God they think we are gullible.

If you are not aware of it Camelcamelcamel can be a very useful site for monitoring the movement over time on Amazon prices for items of interest. It is amazing how volatile and apparently illogical some of the price changes can be.

UK.camelcamelcamel.com

NB Other than finding it useful I have no connection with the site.

Yep it is that time when Black Friday approaches and the retailers prepare ....... by increasing prices ready to reduce them for the "Black Friday Deals'.
If I am going to consider buying an expensive item I do my research, stalk the prices to see how they go and where is the cheapest outlet. Leave the item in my basket for a potential small drop in price.

This year I have stalking a BlackVue dash cam for my Cali when it arrives. For the last few months the model I have considered has been £419 on Amazon, £469 in Halfords. Then boom a few weeks before Black Friday up goes the prices across the board to £499! All retailers play the game.

I wonder what the price will be on Black Friday? I will be amazed if there isn't a big splash that's says now only £419!!! God they think we are gullible.
Which model are you going for? I’ve installed the DR750 2-CH LTE and really pleased with it so far.

You can also use PriceSpy to gather analytical data of price’s over previous years

I got a brilliant Black Friday deal once ..

It was a DHX 3030 V2 90

Beats the V1 85 by miles and I paid only 3% more and that included acccess to the TB cumulo-nimbus cloud for 12 months.

Amazing

With the black vue, can it latch onto a MIFI that’s permanently on inside the van ?
Then can you get on the dashcam app from 5G worldwide ?

With the black vue, can it latch onto a MIFI that’s permanently on inside the van ?

I’ve had a DR650S 2channel for the last three years.
When I first got it I linked it with the MiFi and could view the cameras remotely.
Not something I bother with now, so short answer is yes you can.

Mike

Last edited:
glad you have confirmed that, didn't realise the vw esim wifi was accessible outside of the weconnect app? It was on my to do list when I get the van. Or are we talking about different things?

glad you have confirmed that, didn't realise the vw esim wifi was accessible outside of the weconnect app? It was on my to do list when I get the van. Or are we talking about different things?
I don't think @T6 CFO is referring to the T6. 1 eSim system.

I know you can have a data plan with the VW eSim, and have your own WiFi / MIFI in the van.
But my understanding is that it’s going to be way more expensive than what I have done below.

I chose a Netgear MIFI Nighthawk M2 and window sucker antenna.
A1TECHSTORE 35DBI 3G 4G LTE TS9 Antenna fits HUAWEI Router Mobile Broadband https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00L57AL10/?tag=eliteelect-21
And pay £10 a month for an EE sim piggybacked onto the wife’s account who has 100GB data free in the EU and some international countries.
my sim is 350 mb data. She / me gifts the 350mb sim with 50 GB of data once a month. Also when using Waze & Spotify, I can still make and receive phone calls without the dreaded, you can’t use data while making a call issue.
Previoulsy when on a call, Waze wants to update my route as it would have downloaded the issue on the route, and redirected me. If I’m on the phone for half an hour and I’m not getting data then Waze dosent update and boom, stuck in a traffic jam. Having the iPhone on MIFI gets around that issue. :thumb

I find that as long as it’s stuff you wanted anyway there are deals to be had.
I’ve used the opportunity to add to my smart home systems. Just picked up some Hue Go lights I’ve been after for a while at a good discount.

Just be careful.

Mike

If you are not aware of it Camelcamelcamel can be a very useful site for monitoring the movement over time on Amazon prices for items of interest. It is amazing how volatile and apparently illogical some of the price changes can be.

UK.camelcamelcamel.com

NB Other than finding it useful I have no connection with the site.

I swear by camelcamelcamel, I often forget I've set alerts until I get the emails and it's feels good paying the absolute cheapest price for something on Amazon.

I swear by camelcamelcamel, I often forget I've set alerts until I get the emails and it's feels good paying the absolute cheapest price for something on Amazon.
In case you are not aware check out keepa.com.
It shows you price history as a graph (useful to see periodic drops in prices), let you track items (just like camel) and neatly integrates into amazon page itself.
I am not affiliated with keepa in any way by the way, just using it for a long time

In case you are not aware check out keepa.com.
It shows you price history as a graph (useful to see periodic drops in prices), let you track items (just like camel) and neatly integrates into amazon page itself.
I am not affiliated with keepa in any way by the way, just using it for a long time

I've bookmarked that, thanks :)

Back