Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

The New Beach "kitchen" and retrofitting

Borris slightly off topic, but after doing some re search I have tracked you down to the be owner of the Renault AX N7850. This was my grandads car at some point and I have recently just come across a photo of him in it which must have been in the 40’s/50’s. I would love to share the photo with you. If you would like to contact me on andrew-myers@outlook.com I will share the photo with you and would be great if I could see some photos of the car currently . I look forward to hearing from you, Andrew
Hello Andrew,
How delightful to hear from you and what a coincidence! I have only recently heard from the son of another previous owner who contacted me after a friend, one of the leading lights in the Veteran Car Club and a member of the Renault Frėres club, had also traced the car to me. He had met with this friend and during a good long natter had explained that he had a brass chassis plate for a 1909 Renault AX. The friend then traced it back to me.

I would be delighted to contact you by email and will endeavour to send you some photos and press cuttings of the car. However, my email is more than a bit clonky and will only allow one or two photo attachments and no videos, so you will receive more than one email.

As I cannot send it via email here is a Pathé News clip from the past that features your grandad's old Renault AX in action. Is this, by any chance, your grandfather in the video?

Back on topic. So Andrew, I see that you are "looking to buy" a Cali. Have you managed to track one down yet? They are superb vehicles so I wish you luck.

I will contact you shortly.
Best wishes
Paul

P.s Sorry everyone for straying off topic.

be careful that the board doesn’t stretch the map pocket (it will bag)

Did you drill holes into the board and adapt the mounting prongs or are they screwed on?
OT: I assume you have/had an Aprilia Tuono. Great bikes. I had a Gen 1 Tuono Factory for over 10 years.

Did you drill holes into the board and adapt the mounting prongs or are they screwed on?
Purchased some oem table prongs and cut them down and drilled into the hardwood board about 2" long and rubber glued as well so there going nowhere.
The prongs are quite dear for what they are and you could make something to fit but i couldn't be bothered to do that.
Ikea hardwood chopping board £8 i think and i have some old adjustable tarp poles i don't use anymore.
We don't cook in the van just wanted a shelf to make a brew with the other Primus Moja single burner and to put the cups on without sacrificing space hence the hinged leg into the side pocket but i could extend it to the floor if req'd but no reason to do that.

be careful that the board doesn’t stretch the map pocket (it will bag)
Just trying for size it's back in it's normal place now out the way slid down the left hand side of the 3 seater along with the stove's normal place.

Wish I'd seen this earlier as I was in IKEA the other day. Already have a couple of prongs I bought years ago as spares. Like yourself I want a table so that it's easier for tea/coffee duties.

Wish I'd seen this earlier as I was in IKEA the other day. Already have a couple of prongs I bought years ago as spares. Like yourself I want a table so that it's easier for tea/coffee duties.
Can you tell me where you got the prongs from - many thanks

From memory I think from vw. I probably ordered them from my local commercial dealer, not far from where I live. It was a while ago.
If you can get the part number, I'm sure someone on here will have it, you could order online.
Sorry I can't be any more help.

Can you tell me where you got the prongs from - many thanks
Have a look at this thread

I have just made a "Galley Box" slightly inspired by the dinghy cruising fraternity. We use our Beach as our only vehicle so I didn't want to clutter it up too much. Although we normally cook outside, we brew up our breakfast coffee inside, and may occasionally cook inside in the winter. The idea of the box was that it would hold everything needed to make breakfast, and no more. I didn't want it to become too big. The box would help stop splashes of bacon fat if cooking inside, and act as a windshield when cooking outside. It was made of off cuts of plywood.
A couple of years ago I knocked up a small table which normally remains set up when we are camping. I thought the box should fit on the little table but it transpired it was better sitting alongside it. I have posted a little video on YouTube to show it in action: You can watch it here

I've attached a few pictures below but there are more details on my blog.

I hope you like it!

Brighter.jpg

Catch.jpg

on bench.jpg

Galley Box Thumbnail2.jpg

I have just made a "Galley Box" slightly inspired by the dinghy cruising fraternity. We use our Beach as our only vehicle so I didn't want to clutter it up too much. Although we normally cook outside, we brew up our breakfast coffee inside, and may occasionally cook inside in the winter. The idea of the box was that it would hold everything needed to make breakfast, and no more. I didn't want it to become too big. The box would help stop splashes of bacon fat if cooking inside, and act as a windshield when cooking outside. It was made of off cuts of plywood.
A couple of years ago I knocked up a small table which normally remains set up when we are camping. I thought the box should fit on the little table but it transpired it was better sitting alongside it. I have posted a little video on YouTube to show it in action: You can watch it here

I've attached a few pictures below but there are more details on my blog.

I hope you like it!

View attachment 116833

View attachment 116834

View attachment 116835

View attachment 116836
Great idea

Back