Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

The New Beach "kitchen" and retrofitting

C

Chainline

VIP Member
Sounds like you in the market for an Ocean Matt...?
You would be amazed how much easier life becomes in the Ocean. Especially in bad weather, it makes life a lot easier...

Might be time for you to step over into the dark side...;)
I went the opposite way. I don’t think there is a perfect solution unless you’re made of money!

RoB5urf

RoB5urf

Beach with 2-seat bench
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Those Campingaz bottles are a devastating waste on the environment ....!!!
Devastating? That's a bit strong isn't it? I would prefer to use something that doesn't use throw away cannisters but I've yet to find anything that's as convenient for a Beach (for use inside and outside)

Perfectos

Perfectos

VIP Member
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
I can assure you not a lot of metal items get thrown away, yes they may end up in a bin, but most metals are recovered and recycled, unlike plastics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Moose

Moose

T6 Ocean 204 DSG
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Just prior to our trip to France some builder had dumped a small amount rubbish in the road next to out house part of the rubbish was a very dirty 907 cylinder which I pick up.
Exchange it next day for a new one full of gas for £25.00 help by my sons contacts at GT towing. Happy days.

soulstyledevon

soulstyledevon

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Just prior to our trip to France some builder had dumped a small amount rubbish in the road next to out house part of the rubbish was a very dirty 907 cylinder which I pick up.
Exchange it next day for a new one full of gas for £25.00 help by my sons contacts at GT towing. Happy days.
That what I’ve been charged for a refill.
Seems cheap enough...

CannonDale

CannonDale

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
I am sorely tempted once the new 6.1 beach is released to see if the the "kitchen" can be retrofitted. VW are renowned for trying change as little as possible to keep costs in check. I wouldn't be surprised if the part fitted straight in place of the current one, or maybe i am just being hopeful. As VW are doing several beach models with the same base vehicle it may be the same pattern.

I don't use the upper pockets and cup holders much so wouldn't miss them.

May be steep though, the plastic parts normally arent too bad but the cooker may be eye watering. Hoping they do release the beach in the UK so I can get a look at one and compare.
C
I am sorely tempted once the new 6.1 beach is released to see if the the "kitchen" can be retrofitted. VW are renowned for trying change as little as possible to keep costs in check. I wouldn't be surprised if the part fitted straight in place of the current one, or maybe i am just being hopeful. As VW are doing several beach models with the same base vehicle it may be the same pattern.

I don't use the upper pockets and cup holders much so wouldn't miss them.

May be steep though, the plastic parts normally arent too bad but the cooker may be eye watering. Hoping they do release the beach in the UK so I can get a look at one and compare.
cooking in my Beach whilst reading This thread.FB9B0B66-BBB0-4AE2-9BD6-0A1656EB5A5D.jpeg

kave

kave

Vehicle
T6 Beach 4Motion
Is there any floor area left when the lower made is made up?
I usually wake up earlier than the rest of the family so I get up earlier getting dressed in the front right seat, looks impossible with this setup no?

MattBW

MattBW

Here to help
Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 Beach
My experience with my 3 seat beach is there is barely any floor left with the bed made, its part of the reason we never use the downstairs bed.

CannonDale

CannonDale

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Is there any floor area left when the lower made is made up?
I usually wake up earlier than the rest of the family so I get up earlier getting dressed in the front right seat, looks impossible with this setup no?
You can use the downstairs bed with the pod but there is no floor space left particularly as we also have a cfx 28 fridge next to the pod. We sleep upstairs and only use the downstairs bed for extremely bad weather, mainly wind. Loads of floor space if using upstairs bed.

Italiahorse

Italiahorse

VIP Member
You can use the downstairs bed with the pod but there is no floor space left particularly as we also have a cfx 28 fridge next to the pod. We sleep upstairs and only use the downstairs bed for extremely bad weather, mainly wind. Loads of floor space if using upstairs bed.
Why do you need floor space while you are in bed ?

MattBW

MattBW

Here to help
Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 Beach
Its more when you need to stand up and get dressed, or even go outside that the bed gets in the way.

Kmann

Kmann

Iben & Henrik
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199 4Motion
What about the interior colour scheme of the T6.1 on the Beach. It has changed as well as I recall. So retrofitting might not fit colourwise - but the chassis is the same, so I think the kitchen unit will fit right in … what might the cost be?

MattBW

MattBW

Here to help
Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 Beach
I suspect the colours won't be far off but its hard to tell isn't it. I suspect as there in beach in the UK we may struggle to get the parts too.

Amarillo

Amarillo

Tom
Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
My experience with my 3 seat beach is there is barely any floor left with the bed made, its part of the reason we never use the downstairs bed.
We don't find the space at the foot of the lower bed too restrictive. With the upper bed pushed up there is sufficient space to stand and get changed into pyjamas, even with a fridge behind the passenger seat. It is less comfortable when the upper bed is down. However, I can imagine it being very restrictive with fridge one side and pod the other side.