Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

The project starts!

Quadrupledenim

Quadrupledenim

Vehicle
Looking to buy
All projects start with a plan and that is exactly where we are at.

We are a family of 4 (3yr , 6yrs and 2x late 30s!) and decided to shake up the holidays we have and enjoy a bit more variation from next year while enjoying the practical benefits of having a van as a second car.

Aim is to have something by March next year which will mean a new order soooooonish or starting to look on the ex demo / used market.

Spec wise looking at a beach with the following :

Metallic paint
DSG
Heating (air)
Cruise
Nav (possibly)

So hi! I’ve already read a fair amount of on this forum, seems a great vibe !

Have fun shopping. Hope you find what you want. Are you looking for 2 or 3 seater Beach?
I'd just add Adaptive Cruise Control to your wish list :)

Have fun shopping. Hope you find what you want. Are you looking for 2 or 3 seater Beach?
I'd just add Adaptive Cruise Control to your wish list :)

Hi Stoney, good question about the 3/2 seater. Probably the 2 seater bench as I think the bed is slightly bigger and lower? I am 6ft 3"! Also would look to purchase a spare seat and plonk it in the garage just in case.

The slidepod looks really cool so we would have fitted in the rear

Welcome!!

Dont waste your money on the Nav, I've got it on my Edition and I think its rubbish.

Also, when deciding on the 2/3 seat rear bench, please consider how often you will sleep in it against how often you will use it as a family bus.

For us, with 3 kids, one being a 12yr old footballer, the need to carry half the team or a couple of mates on a regular basis, means that 6 or 7 seats get used far more often than a bed that is approx 3" lower.

Last edited:
Welcome!!

Dont waste your money on the Nav, I've got it on my Edition and I think its rubbish.

Also, when deciding on the 2/3 sear rear bench, please consider how often you will sleep in it against how often you will use it as a family bus.

For us, with 3 kids, one being a 12yr old footballer, the need to carry half the team or a couple of mates on a regular basis, means that 6 or 7 seats get used far more often than a bed that is approx 3" lower.

So what do you use for the nav out of interest iPhone / googlemaps ?

Fair point about the bench seat will think on that

Are you buying for your family or the local football team?

Family - although my 6 year old has just started football

Family - although my 6 year old has just started football
I had a Land Rover 110 that would take 6 passengers. Fed up of taking 5 + son to rugby and having to clean off the mud each time as the other parents went home to read the Sunday papers. Their children had no respect and always covered in mud. In the end took my wife’s Smart car. The look on their faces was a treat.

I did use my iPhone via App Connect on my old Beach but haven't got round to connecting up my Samsung S8 with this van. I used the inbuilt Sat Nav for our trip to France but didn't like it and would be dissapointed if I'd paid the £900 odd quid for it as a option.

Dont buy it for the football team but with 2 kids, just weigh up how handy the extra seats are for friends or extra family members.

Apple connect seems like the perfect option then and would save us on the spec, great!