Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

The Time Has Finally Arrived.....

B

Bjohnson

VIP Member
.....for us to order our new Cali :clap

Its taken us 2 years of hard saving and sacrifices and there have been doubts and u turns along the way, but having hired a cali for a week in May this year we were spurred on to get one.

Although we had definite plans to purchase second hand sometime over this coming winter, a review of second hand prices and specifications and a chat with a dealer or two about brand new prices means the budget we allowed for a used vehicle wasnt actually that far off the budget needed for a new vehicle.

So, we have our specification, we have an agreed price, we have our hard earned cash...on Friday we'll be paying our deposit and spending the next few months in eager anticipation, plus probably buying up carefully considered accessories :barmy

Although having decided a week ago we were placing an order, we've been to the local dealers about a dozen times trying to choose the exterior colour :lol:

Re: The Tme Has Finally Arrived.....

Top news, it's going to be an exciting few months coming up for you.
Had our Cali just over four days now and can't stop smiling and looking out the window at him.
:laugh2 :laugh2

Enjoy.

Bjohnson said:
been to the local dealers about a dozen times trying to choose the exterior colour
Great! Hope to be in the same situation soon. And the colour is ...?

Great news :clap

You will not regret your decision - We love our Cali and go out in it at every given opportunity :D

Good stuff Brian.

I suspect you will be spending a lot of time on here whilst waiting for your new one :thumb

Excellent well done and welcome to the club :thumb
Ours was an ex demo so only had to wait a week while it was prepared but it was an excruciatingly long 7 days! Don't know how i would've coped with several months.

Awesome, what spec and colour have you plumped for in the end?

The waiting is such exquisite anticipation! Congratulations. First drive in mine last week made the hairs on my neck stand up...."Is this really mine?".

YorkshireHeathen said:
The waiting is such exquisite anticipation! Congratulations. First drive in mine last week made the hairs on my neck stand up...."Is this really mine?".

Paul that feeling doesn't seem to end ..
Well it's been 3 months and I still get that feeling :) :)

Thanks for all the well wishes.

We placed our deposit this morning and now the wait begins!

Our final spec ordered is;
DSG
Reflex Silver
Privacy glass
detachable tow bar
front and rear parking sensors
cruise control
multi function steering wheel
Silver Awning

Having previously hired for a week we were pretty clear on the spec that suited us, although the last few days have been tough trying to choose a colour. We were originally going for candy white (thats what we hired earlier in the year) but recent thoughts covered black, olympic blue, sand biege and dark grey. In the end we decided against the darker colours (black and grey) as we feared they would constantly look dirty (we plan to get a lot of use out of this vehicle), I wasnt keen on olympic blue but my wife liked it, i preferred the slightly different shade of the Berghaus blue but you cant get those with DSG! So the white was our first choice but we thought the silver just edged it.

We already have our list of accessories which we'll be buying separately as follows;
18" Sportline alloys (these arent a factory order item so we can order these when the Cali arrives)
Seat covers
VW cycle rack
Pucer or vanorak - pucer favourite for me at the moment, but more thought required

WIll probably also upgrade to the RNS510 and sat nav later next year once our bank balance has recovered!

I'm sure a few will ask why no fifth seat and why no climatronic - we considered these very carefully, but although I clearly see the future re-sale benefit of the fifth seat, for the duration of our ownership it would be wrapped up in our loft or hiding in the corner of the garage. Not a major issue, but as theres ony two of us we dont have a call for the extra seat.

As for the climatronic, again since there are only 2 of us we just dont see the need for it. There will be few times when we have passengers in the rear, probably fewer still when we have passengers and a heat wave! Since the a/c in the back cant be used when parked up, there was no point us having it.

Having looked at plenty of 'for sale' ads, in my view the majority of second hand buyers will compromise on the spec combination anyway when buying used, given the high resale value and residual prices, i dont think eiether of these spec omissions are an issue for us.

Anyway, at current Cali prices its more likely to become a family heirloom :laugh2

Great news. Well done, it's a big decision but I know you will love it.