Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Thermal windscreen cover

W

Witkins

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Thinking of buying a thermal screen that covers windscreen and side windows. Can we get some advice as to how let some ventilation in from windows, as we also have a cover for pop top so would be no ventilation from there in winter either. We also have wind deflectors on windows

There always be ventilation even with a roof topper on , but less as without one offcoarse.
If you have wind deflectors and puttting on a outside windscreencover it's easy ....
Leave the side windows open a few cm.

I have an external cover but haven’t used it with wind deflectors. I think it would fit.

With wind deflectors on the windows, if you can find an external cover that fits over them, I think you would have lots of ventilation if you lower both front window a bit.

I had the large VW stick on wind deflectors, and now the Heko clip in ones, and my Comfortz external cover fitted fine over both - the deflectors hardly make any difference so I wouldn't worry about it.
Can leave the front windows open a few cm and ventilation seems fine.
If you do find that you get condensation inside the windscreen, you may find that when it dries it leaves the inside of the windscreen a little grubby - recommend Autoglym car glass polish - just wipe on, leave a few mins and wipe off, and crystal clear again

We have the VW wind deflectors on our vehicle and the thermal windscreen cover does fit with these on and it gives you plenty of ventilation we have never had any condensation on the front window screen :thumb

I have Dubflectas and one of the club covers which allows a little gap, really helps with condensation and actually makes the ventilation less chilly for us.

Its bigger to carry than the standard VW curtains, but I can fit mine inside the tailgate chairs once taken apart, two sides in one and the main screen part in the other. Only downside is when its very rainy or bad weather, but storing in the chairs removes the issue of damp things in teh van.

Back