Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Thetford Qube 335 Porta Potti

T6 CFO

T6 CFO

Mike
Top Poster
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
I know the Thetford Qube 335 is sold in the club shop but it is currently out of stock. I know it is sold with a base as well. Was that in the club shop as well or somewhere else. The unit itself shows as out of stock but one with a base does not?

NB: As you can see I have reached the bottom of my list of things to buy prior to delivery of the Cali

Last edited:
Amazon. Good value. You don't get the base but do you need it? I'm having no probs without and saved 50% compared to last year's Brandrup accessories catalogue (like you I ordered as soon as ordered van)

Thanks Alison may be an option but the wife has taken a liking to the little tent they sell with it.

Mike

She might change her mind after a few nights of having to get dressed in the middle of the night and go outisde... My one trip to date and the potti was used only overnight.

She might change her mind after a few nights of having to get dressed in the middle of the night and go outisde... My one trip to date and the potti was used only overnight.
I reckon it would be inside in the night and tent during the day but we need to having a meaningful discussion on the subject

Just get a awning and put it in there :)
Geezso that works brill if you're staying the same place a few nights - but if you're only on a one nighter on the way somewhere... it's just handy to know it's there if you need it...

Geezso that works brill if you're staying the same place a few nights - but if you're only on a one nighter on the way somewhere... it's just handy to know it's there if you need it...
Too true, I don't see us staying a single night due to the pram, the car seat etc etc however if I go fishing or walking with my dad it would work :)

Thought I would follow up with a review as it arrived today. Well Pop Up it certainly does. Popping it back down is another matter especially in the tight confines of our flat. Going to be perfect for the occasions when we are set up for a couple of days. Great for the bikes and a place to change to boot. Practice will no doubt improve the technique of getting it back into its bag. I will not let it loose in the flat again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It depends on one's lifestyle but for me a porta-potti is not just useful when parked up.

It is an invaluable resource when being in need of facilities on the road miles from anywhere.

Even in so-called "civilisation" a generally uncivilised overcrowded services can be a nightmare and being to park up on a "back row" space and use my own facilities has often seen me giving grateful thanks to my onboard loo.

I used my PP standing in the row at the gasstation as i could not wait longer , and in traffic jams , in the city , even when the weater is to worse to go outside it is usefull ....hop to the back ( all my blinds are always closed:thumb) ....do a pee ....back behind the wheel !

I know some refuse to put it in the kitchen cupboard but ours lives there, blinds down in 10 seconds & slide it out & your ready to go. Even with the 5th seat in place there is still room to slide it out & use it. The special tray stops it sliding when in the cupboard & gives a protective lip over the door runner which aids getting it in and out.

For us the biggest worry when downsizing from a motorhome was the loss of the toilet, after the initial shock we've got over it.

Once on site it goes in the awning & is only used at night or by the youngest children. If we go out for the day it comes with us!