Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Thinking of buying a new T6...all advice welcome!

G

georgekirc

Hi there. After a couple of long road trips to the Alps with the family in our T4 Multivan (without air con) we are seriously considering getting a Cali. We are hoping to have it long term so are co side rings the T6 finance deal with approx £12k deposit, £400+ a month and then a final balloon payment of £22k ish. It seems a sensible option as the second hand T5s hold their money so well. Appreciate advice....

If the money works then owning a Cali will work

Makes sense to me. I've done the same, except loaded the balloon a little differently. With the current 750 cash back on the finance and the 8% you can get off new from a dealer, its about a 10% discount all in :)

Makes sense to me. I've done the same, except loaded the balloon a little differently. With the current 750 cash back on the finance and the 8% you can get off new from a dealer, its about a 10% discount all in :)
Combined with the pretty impressive 4.9% APR, that's what swung it for me. Odd as it may sound, the other vehicle in the running was the new Audi Q7 and what made me decide to go with the Cali, apart from the fun that we'll have, was the 6.9% APR on the Audi - it added up on that kind of money!

Hi there. After a couple of long road trips to the Alps with the family in our T4 Multivan (without air con) we are seriously considering getting a Cali. We are hoping to have it long term so are co side rings the T6 finance deal with approx £12k deposit, £400+ a month and then a final balloon payment of £22k ish. It seems a sensible option as the second hand T5s hold their money so well. Appreciate advice....

If you can afford the repayments then go for it!

There are of course finance deals on end of the line / demo T5's should you find one with your spec should the T6 be too much of a stretch.

There will be a huge difference in depreciation too, so the all inclusive cost of ownership should be dramatically better on the Cali!

Combined with the pretty impressive 4.9% APR, that's what swung it for me. Odd as it may sound, the other vehicle in the running was the new Audi Q7 and what made me decide to go with the Cali, apart from the fun that we'll have, was the 6.9% APR on the Audi - it added up on that kind of money!

Thanks for the replies. How do you find out about the T5 end of line deals?

I presume VW are hoping that after 4 years you just trade in. Fine if you are happy for a continuous £400+ per month and you have to have a new vehicle every three years, but I was thinking about just keeping it for the long haul (7 yeas or so) as thy should go forever.

There will be a huge difference in depreciation too, so the all inclusive cost of ownership should be dramatically better on the Cali!
And running costs!

My last service for my A6 was quoted at £350 (I haggled it down in the end) but I've taken the 'two services for £99' on my new Beach - and they're half as often!

As for tyres, the wheels on my car are 20" so Audi wanted £350 per tyre, fitted! Again, can be haggled but I've stuck with the 16" on my Beach and so a set is going to cost me less than Audi wanted me to pay for one!

Much more cost effective all round!

Remember if you go for ex demo t 5 , that are already discounted,you can knock em down futher.
I emailed around all the ones that had the spec I wanted, then made lower offers. Some didn't even reply, one did, and I got a great deal....luckily I only wanted one van!!

Interesting my dealer has said that he has recently become overwhelmed by interest in the T6 and new orders.

I went for the four services at £179 I think it was. I will check they are transferable with the vehicle if I sell it in the future, but this could have it all covered for 8 years :thumb

I previously owned a current shape '08 V70 D5 and the cost of servicing a large Volvo was frankly ridiculous.... and it all adds up! The annual difference in servicing cost between it and my future T6 will amount to about 2000-3000 miles of driving.

I haven't heard hard prices on the sort of deals people are getting on ex-demo T5s. I'd be interested to know!

VW are about to launch (or have already done so earlier in January) a loyalty scheme for the commercial dealerships which is similar to the loyalty scheme set up for the VW car dealers. I don't know the exact criteria other than the requirement to already own a VW prior to ordering a new vehicle.

VW are about to launch (or have already done so earlier in January) a loyalty scheme for the commercial dealerships which is similar to the loyalty scheme set up for the VW car dealers. I don't know the exact criteria other than the requirement to already own a VW prior to ordering a new vehicle.
Yes I was talking to them yesterday. £1000 plus vat discount if you already have a commercial VW.

Any particular reason why you're not considering second hand? Still a fantastic step up from the T4 but can be done without paying VW as much interest!

Any particular reason why you're not considering second hand? Still a fantastic step up from the T4 but can be done without paying VW as much interest!

Second hand with low miles are around £40k. With the discount a new one is around £50k. The apr is 4.9%. I'm thinking about long term ownership and aim to own outright in 6 yrs ish.

Back