Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Thoughts about colours

J

Jacs47

Hi
:help
I'm new to the forum, we are thinking about buying a Beach and there seems to be some decent deals on 'sunny yellow'. I'm not sure about such a bright colour as I've always tended towards more subtle colours in the past ... however I've never had a camper van before! I just wondered what people's thoughts are, it will be used as an everyday vehicle too. Any advice would be gratefully received.

If it was a car then no way would I even consider yellow.

As the Beach is a different kind of vehicle and 'fun' I believe it carries it off very well and looks good.

Not sure I'd buy one though!!

I was very seriously considering the Sunny Yellow when I was thinking to buy a new Beach. Eventually I bought second hand Comfortline.

I think Yellow with tinted windows look great. Also there is no price supplement with it!.
This is also a color in which you can relatively easy repair little scratches. Might be difficult to keep clean though.

Important thing is that yellow is very well visible on the road, more safe then.
In Poland emergency ambulances are yellow for this reason (I think in UK too ?).

On the other hand my wife was saying: "Yellow?, NO WAY", so this is all matter of taste.

I have to say that if Sunny Yellow had been a colour choice for the SE, I'dve had it like a shot, no doubt. I even (half)seriously considered getting the SE resprayed. That's actually why I've ended up with Candy White; if I get bored with it, and once the warranty has run out, I may well still do it ...

It's a pastel yellow so not too bright. We were not sure at first but now I wouldn't have any other colour.

I managed to offset some of the yellow with black detailing. The handles and mirrors are black as well which works well.

It suits the Beach and I think it is a shame it is not offered on the SE/Comfortline.

James

James said:
I managed to offset some of the yellow with black detailing. The handles and mirrors are black as well which works well.
James

I does look decent James. I was thinking to make similar offset should I buy yellow Beach.

Andrzej

Andresz said:
James said:
James

I does look decent James. I was thinking to make similar offset should I buy yellow Beach.

Andrzej

Of course Andrej :). I intend to get the mirrors colour coded and I may have a black stripe on the bottom of the bumper around the fogs.

I've only copied what others have done really and having owned a American T3 previously I have been around the VW scene and witnessed how to and how to not modify a van.

A yellow Beach is a lot of fun :)

I too love the yellow of the beach if the full Cali was made it yellow I to would have put yellow to the top of the list (unless they did an orange) :crazy

Thank you so much for all your replies. We haven't dismissed the yellow as it certainly could be a talking point ... and fun! :thanks

James said:
I may have a black stripe on the bottom of the bumper around the fogs.

James,

I plan to get these drawn up and made for the front of my bus too, and for the bottom of the tailgate.

I'll let you know how I get on. Planning to then offer sets for sale, assuming others are interested??

Simon

shambly said:
James said:
I may have a black stripe on the bottom of the bumper around the fogs.

James,

I plan to get these drawn up and made for the front of my bus too, and for the bottom of the tailgate.

I'll let you know how I get on. Planning to then offer sets for sale, assuming others are interested??

Simon

I would be interested in that :)

Back