Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Thule Bike Carrier

nasa959B

nasa959B

Ocean, 150 DSG.
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi, will the tail gate open on T6 Cali with a bike carrier attached to tow ball and tilted forward.
Thule Bike Carrier EuroPower 916 for 2 bikes - model 2012!

Now i have my California with a genuine VW swan neck tow bar. And have fitted my bike carrier on the tow ball, it fits ok but can not open the tail gate with the carrier tilted.
I have contacted Thule and they have stated in the email reply, that if my bike carrier fits and the tail gate will not open fully, then there is nothing that they are making that will fit and let the tail gate open when carrier is tilted on T6 .

So in the California shop. Be careful in buying Thule Bike Carriers. I can only comment on the equipment that i have.

Last edited:
It's probably going to depend on which one?
It definitely will with an an Atera Strada DL 3 and I've just this minute ordered one.

Mike

I can confirm like @T6 CFO said: The Atera Strada DL 3 works just fine.
I guess/read on the German Caliboard.de (never tried it out): The Thule G929 works also.

Personal I like the Atera because the whole carrier is sliding. Whereas the Thule is "tilting/tipping over".

sapto

Nice one @sapto? I like the sliding out drawer in the same clip far to much but I've also seen the cost of them in another thread. Ouch!

Mike

@T6 CFO oh yes... the so called Calidrawer is a nice piece of metal.

BTW: Calicap and Mr. Will from the clip is a very good adress for any California questions in Switzerland (and no I am not related to him)

@nasa959B hope the clip helps to get an idea. I am sure there exist also Atera clips.

sapto

About to place an order for an Atera Strada DL3 - is roofbox.co.uk still the best value seller ?

Many thanks
David

About to place an order for an Atera Strada DL3 - is roofbox.co.uk still the best value seller ?

Many thanks
David
Yep. Best I could find and a good reputation.

Mike

Mike - many thanks - really helpful and will get it ordered......just need VW to supply the Cali !

Back