Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Tints

I was going to ask if you mind me taking a look. I'm willing to make a trip. I can compare before and after. The wife needs some persuasion. Think she is worried about the sitting in permanent gloom.

Absolutely. Your welcome. Anytime were in. Its not gloomy. Quite nice and private. You could people watch without being seen. PM me for address and postcode? If you know how? Or text better on 07590 780808

Last edited:
Grumpy Mike, post: 223045, member: 13614"]Act chap, OK now when you look in some circumstances you can see it on the drivers side. On the passenger side more difficult. Also a photograph from inside.... Still 100% better... I love it. 1 grade down from full Limo Tint blackout. Amazing.... OK?
Thank you for posting. I've seen some vans and the tint for the rear insulated glass looks so different, like there is nothing there in many photos. Yours looks better but, in the side on pictures, it still looks quite different. I think it looks okay with the colour of van you have. Mine will be black and I don't think It will look good. Does anyone have any photos of a black california with insulated windows and an applied tint please?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Grumpy Mike, post: 223045, member: 13614"]Act chap, OK now when you look in some circumstances you can see it on the drivers side. On the passenger side more difficult. Also a photograph from inside.... Still 100% better... I love it. 1 grade down from full Limo Tint blackout. Amazing.... OK?
Thank you for posting. I've seen some vans and the tiny for the rear insulated glass looks so different, like there is nothing there in many photos. Yours looks better but, in the side on pictures, it still looks quite different. I think it looks okay with the colour of van you have. Mine will be black and I don't think It will look good. Does anyone have any photos of a black california with insulated windows and an applied tint please?

Thinking about it yes I think there will be a difference on a black van. It is refraction inside the two panes picking up the green tint I think.

What might be an idea is having a look at one that has been tinted from standard/no privacy. It might not pick up on the green?? AND depending what that gives, ask the tinters opinion and possibly on the double glazed sides ony full limo tint???? Remainder one below limo tint?

Thinking about it yes I think there will be a difference on a black van. It is refraction inside the two panes picking up the green tint I think.

What might be an idea is having a look at one that has been tinted from standard/no privacy. It might not pick up on the green?? AND depending what that gives, ask the tinters opinion and possibly on the double glazed sides ony full limo tint???? Remainder one below limo tint?

Thanks Mike, The standard windows (non-privacy) have "heat insulating glass with green tint in cab and living area" All of the factory privacy glass I've seen has a green tint to it too. So I think the insulated windows in the rear will have the same refraction effect with additional tint applied on the inside regardless of whether they have the factory privacy darkening. One may be worse than the other though. My van is specified with privacy glass and I haven't specified anything else that will remove the insulated rear glass option. I would be very interested to see if having one-shade darker behind the insulated windows would reduce the effect we are talking about; it's a good idea. I guess I have three options: live with the factory (somewhat) privacy windows and get used to closing the blinds; get an internal blackout film fitted and live with the 'I forgot to blackout my rear windows look'; or try the darker blackout film option or external film (accepting) I might have to replace it annually. Anyone willing to try out the last options for me ;-)

Back