Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

To chip not to chip?

I wouldn’t want my van remapped unless it was software from the manufacturer. I imagine the test facilities and design knowledge that VW designers have are not available to professional re-mappers. They may be able to increase the power but they don’t know the manufacturers constraints or design margins, so they cannot know the impact on component life time.
So how do they remap without the accuracy of a Dyno? Handing you back something you have no idea what the old or new output is..Oh I forgot VW software is renowned for being 100% accurate....Especially on their Diesels...

So how do they remap without the accuracy of a Dyno? Handing you back something you have no idea what the old or new output is..Oh I forgot VW software is renowned for being 100% accurate....Especially on their Diesels...
I imagine they would test the software at the factory, so they don’t need to repeat the test on every car.
Aeroplanes crash sometimes, I would still trust the manufacturer to update the software rather than somebody without access to the design data.

I imagine they would test the software at the factory, so they don’t need to repeat the test on every car.
Aeroplanes crash sometimes, I would still trust the manufacturer to update the software rather than somebody without access to the design data.
[/
Pilots fly aeroplanes, software crashes aeroplanes.
VW emissions scandal cost then £25 BILLION.. Thankyou..I rest my case....

Back