Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Toolkit

M

MarkW

VIP Member
Dear All,

Please can someone post a picture of their toolkit with the jack fitted inside...

I made the fatal (schoolboy) error of removing the jack without viewing how it came out...

I can see how the jack itself fits but the part that winds the jack up or down does not sit in the toolkit correctly...

I would appreciate a picture to put me out of my misery and allow me to refit the toolkit to the Cali...

Many thanks :headbang

Mark

image.jpg

It is not easy to refit the jack ...can' t explain why but the handle needs to be turned in to a strange way or it won't fit....
There is a narrow space where the turn- handle fits in the bottem part of the box

Hi...

Thanks for posting...is it me or does my jack handle look different to yours?

Jack.jpg

Nop , looks the same , it is that handle witch is the pain in the @ss ...
It needs to be turned in a particular way or the jack will not fit the box.....

Are you able to post a photo showing the far left and the angle the handle folds under?

I can't see where there is a hole in the polystyrene for the handle to fit?

I tried to fold it under but then the jack doesn't fit flush (flat) on top of the handle...

Are you able to post a photo showing the far left and the angle the handle folds under?

I can't see where there is a hole in the polystyrene for the handle to fit?

I tried to fold it under but then the jack doesn't fit flush (flat) on top of the handle...
Thats also my most trouble , don't know how i do it but taks me several attemps to actually fit it....
Foto i posted earlyer was one from my archive so try and open the toolkit again later ( not home at the moment)
Maybe anyone else ....?

Hi Guys, in recent months I've purchased a Cali and am very pleased with it and based on other threads have just fitted the security fitting for the spare wheel. All is good other than the toolkit appears to be missing a component based the photo at the start of this thread. Can anyone tell me what the item is in the bag near the centre of the kit?
Any help would be appreciated.

That bag looks like it contains the roof securing kit (in case the hydraulics fail) - that's where I keep it in my toolkit too.

Hi Guys, in recent months I've purchased a Cali and am very pleased with it and based on other threads have just fitted the security fitting for the spare wheel. All is good other than the toolkit appears to be missing a component based the photo at the start of this thread. Can anyone tell me what the item is in the bag near the centre of the kit?
Any help would be appreciated.

That are indeed like @DominicR states my roof emergency straps.

I had the same problem refitting the jack into the toolkit but eventually got it right. To help others, here's a photo showing the jack with the handle in the correct position, ready fit into the toolkit. (For some reason, the image is shown upside down!)IMG_2469.jpg

I use the jack at least twice a year to swap winters/summers and always need a few attempts to put it back in place....

There is certainly a knack. I had to use it to change a wheel due to a puncture in Scotland last year. I was really chuffed with myself for managing to change the wheel in about 15 mins. Then took me about 30 mins to work out how to put the jack back :headbang .

But will I remember to take a phot first next time ?? :embarrased

Back