Touch screen

DessyParkerWigWam

DessyParkerWigWam

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150 4Motion
Got a bit of a dilemma - the touch screen on my vw T6 2019 cali is not working in places and getting worse. Told it’s a common problem … at the moment following several lines of enquiry my options seem to be
1.get it replaced at VW - cost £2k
2. Get a garage to sent it away for repair -£600 with 1 month without unit.
3. Replace unit altogether with a pioneer unit - with Apple car play etc … £630 -fitted while I wait …

Be very interested to hear others views on these options pros cons vs and if anyone done likewise ? All help appreciated

Maybe option 4….

Ingleby Electronics fitted a new screen complete to mine (2016 T6) a few weeks ago, now working perfectly. The symptoms were as most describe, parts of the touch screen not responding.
Turnaround from Ian at Ingleby Electronics was about ten days, total price including a new larger satnav SD Card updated to the latest nav data was about £320.

This fault manifests itself on almost every T6 head unit of this age by the way.”

I found this after a quick search on here…

Have a look at this thread and do it yourself, save dosh.

I really appreciate the advice - but I’m really not confident or the type of person who could try to fix it myself - really wish I was but sadly I’m not!

Maybe option 4….

Ingleby Electronics fitted a new screen complete to mine (2016 T6) a few weeks ago, now working perfectly. The symptoms were as most describe, parts of the touch screen not responding.
Turnaround from Ian at Ingleby Electronics was about ten days, total price including a new larger satnav SD Card updated to the latest nav data was about £320.

This fault manifests itself on almost every T6 head unit of this age by the way.”

I found this after a quick search on here…
Cheers that sounds like an option - but would need similar in north west if anyone can help!

Whereabouts in the northwest are you? I can do it for you, but you would have to make a couple of trips to the proper north west, one for me to confirm screen required and one to fix when parts arrive.

Back