Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Tow Bar Delays?

O

OxonCalifornia

VIP Member
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204 4 motion
I ordered my Cali Ocean 205 4M in Nov 21.
My dealer contacted me today to say its Now been built and is at the 'Exit Port' awaiting parts.
It wont be released as its still awaiting its tow bar which will be fitted before loaded onto the ship.
Is this normal and how long do you think that could take, he didn't really know?
Has anyone else experienced this global tow bar shortage and how long they have had to wait?
It sounds like a contingent of factory workers have been moved to the port to finish off vehicles so they can roll off the production line unhindered but unfinished? Anyone else have information on these pesky tow bars?

Mine was ordered in Nov 21 too. It went into build the week of September 5th and I got a message today saying it is built and ready to ship. I ordered a tow bar and no mention of delays.

I ordered in late Sep '21 with a towbar and no mention of towbar related delays. Time it took to leave the factory and arrive seemed to be on par with forum average so not sure there was any dockside changes made.

Mine was ordered in Nov 21 too. It went into build the week of September 5th and I got a message today saying it is built and ready to ship. I ordered a tow bar and no mention of delays.
Thats the same week build as mine - perhaps they were next to each other on the production line..obviously yours was Infront of mine and you had the last tow bar in the factory ! ? LOL :)

Also a school friend of mine ordered exactly the same spec on the same day (we got a good discount for a double purchase with the same dealer!) but the only difference was his wasnt ordered with a tow bar and he registered his on 1.9.22 and having a lovely time with some autumn adventures whilst I just look at the online brochure! :)

Doesn’t seem to be much rhyme nor reason for some builds. Looks like mine will be almost exactly a year by the time we get it.

Im sure they will be worth the wait for both of us

Back