Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

California Ocean Delivery Delays

G

GracieVan

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Cali On Order
Hi I ordered my Ocean at the beginning of November 2020 (with towbar), and according to the dealer I was to expect a delivery date of 30th April 2021. I've found reading the posts enlightening to say the least. I have been left very much to chase things myself with no proactive information from the dealer and then a wait of some weeks for a repsonse. He blamed VW for not keeping him informed and has no told me that the build week was to be week 20. Can someone tell me how I get access to the VW chat where I can check progress? Thanks so much :)

S

stephen A

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 199 4 motion
Ordered my ocean in September (estd delivery Feb 2021) and have been has frustrated as you as you, quite clearly, are.

I managed to get in touch with VW but I have to say that I was not too impressed with what they refer to as as 'customer services' and in my view it was a complete waste of time.

Although I was extremely annoyed (as you might see from previous posting of mine) it seems to me the dealers have no more information than the VW customer services as to the progress of the orders. The dealer eventually called me on Friday 21st May to tell me that the vehicle had left the factory and the following week confirmed that the van was on the ship. Yesterday they confirmed that the vehicle is at Sheerness awaiting delivery and that they had the chassis number ready to progress the delivery. Hopefully the vehicle will therefore be delivered this week or by the beginning of next week and ready for pickup three days later.

It seems that since the end of last year VW has had a gestation period of nine months or so. Hopefully, therefore, you will not have to wait too much longer.

G

GracieVan

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Cali On Order
Ordered my ocean in September (estd delivery Feb 2021) and have been has frustrated as you as you, quite clearly, are.

I managed to get in touch with VW but I have to say that I was not too impressed with what they refer to as as 'customer services' and in my view it was a complete waste of time.

Although I was extremely annoyed (as you might see from previous posting of mine) it seems to me the dealers have no more information no more information the VW customer services as to the progress of the orders. The dealer eventually called me on Friday 21st May to tell me that the vehicle had left the factory and the following week confirmed that the van was on the ship. Yesterday they confirmed that the vehicle is at Sheerness awaiting delivery and that they had the chassis number ready to progress the delivery. Hopefully the vehicle will therefore be delivered this week or by the beginning of next week and ready for pickup three days later.

It seems that since the end of last year VW has had a gestation period of nine months or so. Hopefully, therefore, you will not have to wait too much longer.
Thanks Stephen I really hope you're right! Very pleased to hear that yours is now in the UK at least. Looking forward to seeing it when it arrives!
I have just emailed the dealer again but my guts are telling me it'll be September....

Daytona1977

Daytona1977

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204 4 motion
Just heard my van is built and on its way to port of departure. Dealer reckons 2-3 weeks. That's more like it!
Just been notified ours is built and on the way to Emden to ship. Have to say I am super excited now!

Last edited:
R

Richgoldfinch

Vehicle
T6 Cali On Order
Very pleased for those about to get their van in time for summer!! Just heard we have a build week of Nov 22nd (ordered in mid March) for our 4 motion ocean, that’s Christmas sorted :)

jMacdent

jMacdent

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Beach camper 150
Just been notified ours is built and on the way to Emden to ship. Have to say I am super excited now!
I genuinely hope you don't have the same experience as I've had with my 4Motion.... sat at Emden from 22nd March till 26th April (5 weeks) UK port from 26th April till 4th may (8 days) Dealership from 4th May till today sorting a tailgate which was rejected on PDI. Due to be finally delivered next Weds 9th.... approx 2 AND A HALF MONTHS AFTER IT WAS BUILT!!!

bob_summers

bob_summers

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Cali On Order
Very pleased for those about to get their van in time for summer!! Just heard we have a build week of Nov 22nd (ordered in mid March) for our 4 motion ocean, that’s Christmas sorted :)
Mid March here too. 150 Ocean, although i’m still going by the dealer’s guesstimate of Feb ‘22. Wonder if something improved in the supply chain?

Daytona1977

Daytona1977

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204 4 motion
I genuinely hope you don't have the same experience as I've had with my 4Motion.... sat at Emden from 22nd March till 26th April (5 weeks) UK port from 26th April till 4th may (8 days) Dealership from 4th May till today sorting a tailgate which was rejected on PDI. Due to be finally delivered next Weds 9th.... approx 2 AND A HALF MONTHS AFTER IT WAS BUILT!!!
Hearing quite a few reports of delays at the ports etc. The dealer has advised as long as the status changes to at port waiting shipping by the 9th June then we should have delivery this month. He did say things seemed to be improving slightly. Sounds like you had an absolute mare!!

Daytona1977

Daytona1977

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204 4 motion
Status updated to waiting to ship (38). All being well the dealer thinks the Cali should be shipping over the weekend and be in the UK Monday/Tuesday. Then its up to the dealer to chase for transfer from port of Tyne. Fingers crossed we will be taking delivery very soon.

S

Stu@rt

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Coast 150
Status updated to waiting to ship (38). All being well the dealer thinks the Cali should be shipping over the weekend and be in the UK Monday/Tuesday. Then its up to the dealer to chase for transfer from port of Tyne. Fingers crossed we will be taking delivery very soon.
The best news for the weekend!

G

GracieVan

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Cali On Order

Hi how do you find out the status?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S

Stu@rt

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Coast 150

Usually via a frustrating online chat with VWC
Click on the speech bubble at the bottom of the page
_[Range]_[All]_[None]_[Exact]_[EN]_[Cons]_[CV]_[Pure_Brand]-UK_UK-Google&gclsrc=aw.ds&gclid=Cj0KCQjwnueFBhChARIsAPu3YkR2TFuSGAfvEMnTAF9KKLXTgJqPakV4EJmYo2YrRQVYYvbp6FArtIsaAsAjEALw_wcB

But please take with the require pinch of salt, as it easier to herd cats than get any sort of info that will add any sort of positivity to your weekend ;)

Daytona1977

Daytona1977

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204 4 motion

VW chat and the dealer both confirmed the status. It's the first time I have had accurate information since September to be honest. Pretty sure VW chat are sick of hearing from me!

S

stephen A

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 199 4 motion
Californias have always had a long lead time but they are taking longer than usual at the moment.

We ordered ours late September and it went in to build last Monday, and we expect 6 to 8 weeks from here to have it sat here at home. It will be worth it, our last Ocean took ages too and was brilliant.

I just wish there was more granular status information from VW. BMW have a similar status system (and online chat) and theirs is much more transparent.

I hope you get the van soon :)
Picked up the van today after the nine months gestation period, delighted with it !!

VW California Club