Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Towbar location?

K

KC83

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Hi,

Tried the search function but couldn’t find what I was looking for. Where is the detachable towbar stowed onboard a 6.1 Ocean? Forgot to ask the dealer that when picking up the other day (it has one specced in)

Thanks!

Hi,

Tried the search function but couldn’t find what I was looking for. Where is the detachable towbar stowed onboard a 6.1 Ocean? Forgot to ask the dealer that when picking up the other day (it has one specced in)

Thanks!
In the jack / tool box attached to the back of the bench seat.

Yup, this confused me at first when we picked up ours.

Now for your next trick, figuring out how to get the jack key back off it so you can store it separately back in the box :)

Yup, this confused me at first when we picked up ours.

Now for your next trick, figuring out how to get the jack key back off it so you can store it separately back in the box :)

Thank you, found it! Jings I’d have been there all day otherwise

What doesn’t appear to be there however is my locking wheel nut! Doh.

My locking key was in either the glove compartment or door pocket, can’t remember which. As soon as you find it (or get one from EV, prepare yourself for some chasing up, or try a local VW garage) my advice (and many others’ advice here) would be to remove all wheels as soon as practicable and copper grease or similar the two touching faces wheel to hub): my local tyre fitter did this for £25.

Otherwise you will find your wheels bonded to the hub and a pig to remove.

The majority suggest not greasing the wheel bolt studs.

I carry a torque wrench and socket and use this instead of the supplied wheel brace, as the latter tries to break away under pressure in particular When the locknut connector is added.

My locking key was in either the glove compartment or door pocket, can’t remember which. As soon as you find it (or get one from EV, prepare yourself for some chasing up, or try a local VW garage) my advice (and many others’ advice here) would be to remove all wheels as soon as practicable and copper grease or similar the two touching faces wheel to hub: my local tyre fitter did this for £25.

Otherwise you will find your wheels bonded to the hub and a pig to remove.

The majority suggest not greasing the wheel bolt studs.

I carry a torque wrench and socket and use this instead of the supplied wheel brace, as the latter tries to break away under pressure in particular When the locknut connector is added.

Last edited:
Back