Removing the detachable towbar from storage cubby T6.1 Beacge

AlisonF

AlisonF

Super Poster
VIP Member
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Beach camper 150
Hi, looked through the manual and searched for posts - trying to remove the detachable towbar from it’s storage location (next to the jack in a rear left cubby hole) in a T6.1 Beach. Any photo’s and hints please?

Ps thanks for the other moderators moving this post to the correct place. I did look, but not close enough. Still suffering from little sleep for 5 weeks.

It’s quite tight in there with the tow bar. It took me a while to figure out the jigsaw required to remove it the first time I did it! Patience and perseverance are required.
You will have to take the wheel jack out as well to be able to get it all out.
Dont leave any small keys straps etc loose in there as they will disappear into the bodywork!

It’s quite tight in there with the tow bar. It took me a while to figure out the jigsaw required to remove it the first time I did it! Patience and perseverance are required.
You will have to take the wheel jack out as well to be able to get it all out.
Dont leave any small keys straps etc loose in there as they will disappear into the bodywork!
Aha, I was looking at it with the jack in place and looker like it should come out... but not sure how...
I have a wonderful friend who has offered her handy man hubby (both are accountants) to come and help me (an engineer) this weekend.

@Thebears thanks for the tip. Towbar now installed and jack replaced.
The design maybe different now as the cubby hole is enclosed so no chance to lose things in the bodywork.

Sorry to drag up an old thread but does anyone know where the removable towbar is stored (I have an Ocean, don't know if it's the same as the beach). I searched the forums and looked in the manual. Anyone have any pictures/info, I don't even know where the jack is!

Last edited:
Sorry to drag up an old thread but does anyone know where the removable towbar is stored (I have an Ocean, don't know if it's the same as the beach). I searched the forums and looked in the manual. Anyone have any pictures/info, I don't even know where the jack is!

I got a recent new Coast and found my tow bar and jack etc in a removable tool kit under the rear seat behind the drawer. Just undo two bolts to access it. There is also an online video on how to fit the tow bar that might be useful

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk