Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Trading up...

Ross Theobald

Ross Theobald

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 130
Hello all,

After five years of building up and enjoying a VW Transporter Camper we always had the aim of one day owning a California... (I think the seed was sewn even before we got our first van when we spotted a brand new Berghaus Edition years ago on campsite whilst on an epic 3000mile road trip through France in an MX5 and a tent...)

That opportunity came about at the tail end of 2017...having had the 2.5 174 I was keen to stick to the 5 cylinder engine and its potential torque capabilities (Given a helping hand ;) ) so settled on a fine low mileage example.

So far so good, given our new arrival (Baby number 2) just before picking it up, we've yet to spend a night away but have plans for a month trip in the summer and our usual camping spots in the Borders / Lakes / NE coast / Wales / Devon etc.

Not one for waving uncontroably at other oncoming Transporter / California drivers but keen to give the appreciative nod, haha.

Hope to bump into like minded energetic people from the forum.

Bring on the sun and warmer weather!!
IMG_0745.JPGDSC_0914.JPGIMG_0503.JPG
IMG_0135.JPG

Hi welcome to the forum. Sounds like you have a handle on this camping lark

Those last 2 pics look like different vans.
Don´t say you´ve had it resprayed. :)

Respray... courtesy of the UK road grime, it's a DIY two tone!

I think the first pic has an instagram filter applied.

Congratulations to you both on the arrival your new baby and of course your new van. I hope the acclimatisation period for both goes well and that you can all get away soon for a great break in your new Cali.

Go on, have a little wave. What's the worst that could happen?

Last edited:
Back