Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Trailer tent or Camp-Let anyone?

Defender 90 SVX sold for my California.

My wife drives a Defender 90 Hard top with windows point blank refuses to drive any other vehicle.

I think Teardrop trailer is the way to go.

WP_20140516_001[1].jpg

Land rover.PNG
Landdddd Roverrrrrr

It might sound like an odd question given that the Cali does have a bed and kitchen etc etc....

But, does anyone also use a small trailer tent or even a Camp-Let as well when camping with other people? More space, sitting area for meals etc etc?

I ask because I have 14yr old boy/girl twins. My son and I kip in the Cali (bed each) and my daughter sleeps in a pup tent adjacent to the van. She flatly refuses to share a bed with either me or her brother which is completely understandable :D, and apart from anything that way we all get a bit of privacy and space.

Works perfectly, in the summer. Hence my dilemma, as this setup restricts us doing any overnight camping between October and March as its too bloody cold for her to be in a tent!

I love the Granny Jen solution of an Eriba, which is a distinct possibility, however I would prefer a new-ish one so I’m looking at around £8-£10k which will be beyond my budget.

I’ve looked at trailer tents and also Camp-Lets, which look fab, not least because I can store it sideways at home and it looks ridiculously easy to put up and take back down! However, both these options are semi-canvas so might still present an issue regarding warmth over winter.

Anyone else who has the same issue that can offer some words of wisdom please?

TIA :thumb
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Chuki-Te...d=232493585556&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851

We became new Cali-owners in november, and haven't tried sleeping in this fantastic car yet.
We have a danish brand of a tent-trailer, Combi-Camp, which have been our primary holiday sleeping aggregate up until now.
The plan is for us to use the Cali when we are only 'the two of us' on tour - and when camping in europe with the kids/teenagers, we will bring the Combi-Camp as well.
It is so easy to drive with these tent-trailers, and I almost don't even notice towing this thing.

It takes a maximum of 5 minutes to open the Combi-Camp, at there is no need for pegging it - and it can be setup on hard ground as well.

Bonus is that it provides the great comfort of an extra, integrated, fridge - and a outdoor gashob and water :)

You can see the Combi-Camp in action here :

We became new Cali-owners in november, and haven't tried sleeping in this fantastic car yet.
We have a danish brand of a tent-trailer, Combi-Camp, which have been our primary holiday sleeping aggregate up until now.
The plan is for us to use the Cali when we are only 'the two of us' on tour - and when camping in europe with the kids/teenagers, we will bring the Combi-Camp as well.
It is so easy to drive with these tent-trailers, and I almost don't even notice towing this thing.

It takes a maximum of 5 minutes to open the Combi-Camp, at there is no need for pegging it - and it can be setup on hard ground as well.

Bonus is that it provides the great comfort of an extra, integrated, fridge - and a outdoor gashob and water :)

You can see the Combi-Camp in action here :

That's amazeballs :)

Not dissimilar to Camp-Let prices either... More to ponder!

How about a Go Pod thingy. I looked into these when thinking about Smarti the smart car towing something to camp in.

the go pod is the way forward it tucks in behind the t6 lovely you don’t know your towing it. It’s a great space for our daughter and her friends. We picked ours up second hand last year for 5kish, don’t know what we’d do without it now.

the go pod is the way forward it tucks in behind the t6 lovely you don’t know your towing it. It’s a great space for our daughter and her friends. We picked ours up second hand last year for 5kish, don’t know what we’d do without it now.
A tent....
top of the range terranova mountaineering tent will stand up to anything around £500 and no towing restrictions:)

Back